Chapter 1

Hi so I'm starting this new modern clexa au and I really hope you'll enjoy it. To make it easier for you to understand the story though I just wanted to say that this is all written from Clarke's point of view. 

So first day of college, a new life, new Clarke. A time to make things better than they were in high school. To Clarke's surprise though it already seems like it is. Everyone seems so adult here. There's no grouping, there's no jocks, no geeks and no one seems more important or popular than the other. Here everyone's equal.  Something that Clarke really appreciates. In high school she felt like she was no one, she was the odd girl out. Not popular, but not a geek either. It was hard to know where she truly belonged. Clarke thinks that she's probably met all kinds of different people in the world through her whole high school experience. At least she thought so until she met her new roommate, Lexa Woods. Lexa Woods, a person like no other. She's not popular, not a geek, and definitely not a jock. There's something about her that excites Clarke. Lexa Woods, the mysterious girl who just showed up from nowhere. She's like a ghost, she does her thing, living her own life in her own world without thinking about everyone around her. 

Clarke's spent 5 hours in this new school and she hasn't even talked to the girl yet. Not one word, but Lexa doesn't seem like the kind of girl who's well with small talks. Maybe not even well with talking in general. 

'' Earth to Clarke. '' Raven's voice suddenly snaps her back into reality.  

'' Sorry, I just drifted away for a sec. What did you say? '' Clarke breathes out in a tone more like a sigh.

She reaches for her cup on the table with coffee before she brings it up to her mouth again letting the warm liquid run down her throat as Raven continues with what she was talking about just seconds ago. 

'' I just said that if you die of tediousness in your dorm you're welcome to stay with me and Octavia. '' She says and winks at the brunette beside her who quickly gives her a teasing smile back.     

'' Thanks. '' Clarke let's out in a sigh as she puts the coffee down on the table in front of her. 

'' Oh, speaking of. '' Octavia suddenly let's out as she nods into the direction behind Clarke. With slow movements she carefully turns her gaze to behind her just to find the one mysterious Lexa Woods in the line of the coffee shop. 

Clarke let's her eyes wander over the brunette in a distance away from her. A vision of pure beauty and grace.In a heartbeat their eyes meet for what seems like an eternity, or perhaps just a second or two in reality, and everything blur into oblivion, everything but her beautiful face and mysterious green eyes. For a moment they stare at each other before Lexa continues with her orders and walks away.                                                       

'' Good luck with that one. '' Raven teases as she stands up from the chair. Clarke looks up at her confused as Octavia suddenly does the same. 

'' Where are you going? '' Clarke asks surprised by the sudden move. 

'' Sorry girl, Octavia and I have to get back to our dorm, hate leaving you alone but we'll catch up with you later. '' Raven explains as she adds a comforting smile. 

'' Well can't I tag along? '' Clarke let's out as she quickly stands from her chair too. There's definitely a meaning behind the glances that Raven and Octavia share between them for a short amount of time before they both look back over at Clarke. 

'' Aw don't wanna be alone with your mysterious, totally weird and mute roommate? '' Raven teases with a smirk on her face and with Octavia's laughter in the background. 

Clarke sighs, starting to feel a bit irritated with her friends teasing about the girl she finds somewhat interesting. Just because she doesn't want to go back to her dorm doesn't mean it's because she doesn't want to be alone with Lexa. Or maybe it is, part of at least. Clarke just knows that if she goes back it'll just be awkward. Lexa will probably be there, reading or studying like she always does with music in her ears and Clarke will have no idea of what to say or do. No, no way, that's way too awkward. Clarke knows that she's not good in those kind of situations, she likes to talk, she likes  to get to know people and Lexa doesn't seem like the same kind of person, no Lexa Woods is way more complex than that. She's here to focus on her studies and that's it. She doesn't seem to care about making any friends here under the next three years. 

'' Fine you can tag along, we'll probably just watch a movie and you're usually not good with that. '' Octavia says with a raised eyebrow.

'' Oh please, I can watch a movie. '' Clarke defends herself feeling a slight bit offended. 

Raven's laughter soon fills in. 

'' Yeah sure, you always fall asleep in the beginning of every movie. '' She says with a smirk.

Clarke sighs as her eyes rolls. 

'' I just get bored and never make it to the end. '' Clarke continues to explain, this is just some nice friends she has. 

'' Clearly. '' Octavia laughs before she grabs Clarke's arm and drags her with her. 

'' But sure you can come. '' Octavia continues in between laughs. 

-------------------------------------------------

'' Come on Raven, that movie again? We always watch it. '' Octavia complains from her own bed. 

Raven's sigh fills the whole room and was probably heard all down the hallway. 

'' It's a nice movie. '' Raven fights back. 

 Raven's been loving the movie  ' it's a girl boy thing' for as long as Clarke can remember. When Clarke once asked why she loved it so much she simply answered with that she loves watching those kind of movies, where two people who hate each other has to find a way to deal with it and help each other in order to rescue everything. Clarke's pretty sure that Raven's been watching the movie every Thursday and now it's become like a tradition for her and Clarke knows that there's no way that Octavia is going to win this fight, Clarke's not even sure why she bothers to try. There's no point.

'' You can have your eyes closed if you don't want to watch it. '' Raven says as she starts the DVD and soon sits down beside Octavia in her bed.  As they're all sitting in the back of Octavia's bed with their backs resting against the wall Clarke can already tell how tired she starts to become. There's no way she's going to make it through the movie. To be honest she's not sure if she's ever really seen how this movie ends, she's just heard it from Raven over and over again. The boy gets the girl in the end, wow big surprise.

A yawn escapes Clarke's tired lips before she slowly let's her head down to rest on Octavia's shoulder. Her mind starts to wander to completely different places far away from focusing on what's going on on the tv screen. Her mind wanders back to Lexa. How come she's never even heard about her before? Which school is she from? Does she even have any friends? Maybe she's one of those people who used to get bullied and that's why she's taking distance from everybody now. Just thinking about it makes Clarke's stomach twist, maybe she shouldn't have left her alone the first night. Now Lexa probably thinks that Clarke doesn't want to be with her at all. Which is not the case at all. To be honest getting to know Lexa Woods seems like a pretty interesting and fun idea, just to know her, what she likes, what she does after classes and so on. Does she have a boyfriend or a girlfriend, a family maybe, does she have anyone? 

The background noise is soon just getting more and more quiet, it becomes more like an echo inside her ears and in the back of her head as Clarke's eyes slowly and so tenderly starts to shut and she can soon feel herself drifting off to sleep.