Chapter 3

I run out into the wild and come to a stop infront of the waterfall.

Wow! I didn't think it would be this beautiful! All the water was rushing down, completely clean and blue with a few fishes that I can see. There are no rocks at the bottom as far as I can see. And I can see until the bottom.

I decide to go fishing.

I strip out of my uniform and slip into my shorts.

I stand on the edge, ready my dagger, brace myself and then jump.

The cold water hits me hard and then I gather up enough oxygen and dive back down. There are shells everywhere, healthy coral leaf and...there! Fish. This one is as big as four average hands stuck together. Nice, meaty and healthy. 

I swim slowly behind it, careful not to create a shadow and then pounce. I'm on it before it has time to react with my dagger ready. Letting the fish know it's stuck, I let it kiss the world goodbye and then plunge my dagger straight through its pearly meat and into its tiny sized heart.

Once it stops withering, i swim back to the surface and stay there for a bit. It's so peaceful here, no one chasing me, hunting me. The animals are my friends and nature is definitely on my side. The Suns nice and warm with a little breeze along side it. Seagulls and other tropical birds I can't name are everywhere. Flying, fishing or singing. There as lots of animals too. Sunbathing, relaxing or hunting.

It's seems too good to be true. Oh well. I'll enjoy it whilst I can.

I duck my head back underneath the water and start washing out the fish from its blood and all the other bits from its stomach and brain.

There, all done. I put the fish in my ready plastic bag and hang it on my shorts.

Now that I think about it, I could've just swam in my hunting uniform because it's waterproof. Duh.

I get out and then climb up to the top of the cliff, using all the rocks to my support. I walk over to the tree I hung my back pack on and let the bag of fish join it while I went to look for wood to make a fire, drying myself in process.

I collect a few woods and walk back to my tree. I'm dry enough to get back into my uniform, which I do. I feel more secure in it and less exposed. After a few minutes of trying to build a fire, I give up and bring out the match sticks my mother gave me.

I guess they do come in use.

I lit the fire then...

There. Sorry, my pen stopped working and I had to fill the cartridge in with ink. Right now I'm cooking the fish. It looks ready now. It's a golden colour that makes my mouth water.

Hmm. I take out the fish with the sticks I cleaned out in the water fall. I let it cool down a bit, watching the smoke float around in the air. My stomach growls and I give up on waiting and take a bite.

Ohmigod! How can I describe it? It's delicious. It's crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. It's got the right amount of fishy taste. Ah. I'm definitely having another fish some time soon.

A howl breaks me out of my writing mode. Another howl starts after the first. And then another. And then soon, all I can hear is howls. I look up and notice it's a full moon night.

Oh no! That means all the able shifters will be going hunting tonight. And tonight is now!

This is terrible. What shall I do? I can hide, but they will likely find me by accident. It's at least half of the pack going hunting. And half of this pack is half of the whole of a city!

Bloody fish!

Fish?!

Ugh! No time to write A lot. I'm going to run back to my tree to pack and then I'm going to look for a place to hide. A cave if there is one- oh yeah!

There is one next to the water fall!

I'm going to stop writing for a bit. While I get to the cave.

There. I've arrived. The howls are getting closer. The cave is really deep. Probably going right underground my tree. I walk inside and then start a jog. I have to go as deep as possible.

Woah!  I'm back. I'd kept up my jog until I felt the need to stop. I could hardly see the entrance now, so all was good. Hopefully.

Right now the pack have started their hunt and there are many above me, hunting. I have to keep as quiet as possible because they love challenges and are always curious. Nothing would stop them from finding me...

I'll tell you what I can hear:

"Hey. Have you found anything yet?"

"Nah."

"Shall we shift onto our wolf forms?"

"Yes. Let's-

"Guys! I think I saw a deer." And Patch comes to my rescue.

"Really. Where..." The voices fade away.

"Thank you Patch." I thank him silently, smiling.

Well, my smile stays up until I look up into a pair of blue mesmerising eyes.

"Well, well. What do we have here?" The voice is deep and masculine. And before I can say a comeback, I feel faint and-

Obviously if she faints, she can't write she's fainting so yeah. Dedicated to any VOTERS AND COMMENTERS.

Make sure to read my other book Forgotten?

Death