Chapter 2

Upon arriving, we bid our good byes with a hug. Anything more suspicious and the school would step in.
And that was the last thing we needed.

The school was just like any other school. Gates out front, plain brick buildings, and an inhumanly annoying amount of snotty teenage girls and boys who acted like they were better than everyone else.
The joys of school!
As soon as I stepped through the decaying gates, my mood dropped, and I could taste the onslaught of crude remarks that had followed me here from primary school.
And just like that, is how I knew Carrie Waters was waiting for me.
"Ah, the freak returns!" Someone snarled, yanking my hair slightly. I shrugged them off, knowing it was one of Carries minions, and walked a bit faster. A few people watched the girls follow me, but did nothing.
Why would they?
It was a kill or kill situation, and I was the prey.
I ignored the steps behind me, until one of the girls sighed, and the footsteps got closer.
Don't punch her. Don't punch her. Don't punch her.
And of course, as my shoulder was yanked backwards so I could face the girl, I came face to face with Carrie Waters.

Carrie wasn't a necessarily gorgeous girl. She had medium length hair, that was a soft chocolate brown, and blue eyes. She wasn't a big girl but wasn't thin either.
"Hey lesbian! How are you?!" She sneered, her minions laughing behind her. The name set of a spark in my mind, but I held back. " Oh I'm fine, how are you?" I replied casually. She glowered, annoyed she wasn't getting under my skin.
So she dug a little deeper.
Putting her hand on my lower back, she tried to steer me to walk, but I refused to budge. She hissed in frustration, and pulled her hands up to shove me back, but at the last minute, I grabbed her wrists. "Now, now Carrie. Is that anyway to treat a 'lesbian' ? It almost looked like you were trying to feel me up." She snagged her wrists out of my hands, and glared daggers at me. "Have you been trying to get the name off of your head this whole time and blame it on me?" I pouted, tilting my head. She just glared at me.
"Watch your back, Edgley. I swear." She growled, turning on her heel as her minions trudged after her.

And deep down I knew she meant it.

In science, she threw plutonic acid at the wall, searing a hole through it.
And blamed me.
In PE she pegged a ball at the back of the teachers head, and her best friend blamed me.
In history, she made up a rumour about herself, and led everyone to believe I made it up.
And at lunch she dunked my head in the toilet.

And I couldn't do a thing about it.