Vanilla- One Shot

So this is my first story ever on Wattpad and I must admit that I am quite terrified to be posting this. *deep breath* This is a one shot for the novel Vanilla by leigh_ , I hope I don't mess up the story too much. Sooooo no point in postponing any longer, lets get this over with. I hope you enjoy the story :)

"Nora."

"Nora."

"Nora."

Nora frantically continued wiping Summer's cheek. Although there wasn't anything in particular for her to wipe at, she had been running the wet towel over her daughter's skin for what seemed like forever. 

Flo pried the towel from her hands, pulling her sister up so that they were standing face to face.

"It's only a day. Okay? You and Lenny deserve a day together doing whatever married couples do."

Flo cringed at the thought, "I can take care of Summer. It will be fine."

Nora let out a shaky breath, "You're right, you're right. It's just that we've never left Summer alone before."

"Nora," Flo looked at her sister defensively, "I've babysat Summer before while you and Lenny were out."

"Yes!" Nora threw her arms above her head, waving them around like a crazed monkey, "But that was only for a few hours! Not an entire day!"

Flo let out a heavy sigh and prepared herself for a long argument.

Her sister was not easily persuaded.

With the attention drawn away from her, Summer pouted her lips and walked away with Mr. Muffin's in tow.

Daniel and Flo had won the stuffed bunny at the arcade for her a few months ago. But it was obvious even to Summer that Daniel had won a majority of the tickets.

Summer walked around the house, desperately searching for something to do. All she wanted was to visit the beach. Her mom had left her alone with Flo and Daniel a few times, she didn't understand why this was such a big deal.

Summer always had fun with Flo and Daniel, they would go to the beach and play games in the sand.

She especially liked it when Flo and Daniel's friends joined them. She had a special spot for Erin, her purple hair matched Mr. Muffin's fur.

Sometimes Daniel would take her to his ice cream shop and let her pick out whatever she wanted, all the flavors and toppings she could ever want.

Oh how she enjoyed spending time with them.

There were always so many people in the shop, some of them wore these strange large sun hats that were as wide as the door.

Tourists, Daniel and Flo would call them. Daniel would always make fun of them, pointing them out to Summer and making a witty remark.

Scrunching his face up as he tried to bite back laughter.

Summer would laugh openly, but not at Daniel's joke as he had assumed. But rather at his beet red face that Summer found more than entertaining.

Never the less, he enjoyed the sound of the child's laughter, almost as much as he enjoyed Flo's.

Flo would frown from her seat and tell him to keep his voice down. Though she herself found it hard not to laugh along. But he would only smile apologetically at her and bring their lips together.

They did that a lot, so did Nora and Lenny, and they seemed to like it. Which Summer found very, very weird, why would you want to eat each other's lips?