Chapter 3 : Coincidental Hero

**I actually started this fan fiction two years ago and put what I had on here recently... I never expected for you guys to want more! My writing is kind of stiff since its been so long but I hope you can bear with the cheesiness! Enjoy!(:

Riiiiiiing!!! Riiiiiiiiing!!! Riiiiing!!

I searched for the annoying sound, eyes closed, groaning because it was the sound of another day of misery. The same old routine began. I brushed my teeth, fixed my hair, got dressed, and put on my favorite pair of shoes. I went to the refrigerator to grab something to eat but it was empty. Crap. Looks like I need to work some more hours at the gas station down the road.

Since there's not any food I guess I'll have to wait till lunch.

Yesterday's events kept playing in my head over and over again. Why would a guy like him help me? I sat on my bed feeling my cheeks go red thinking about what happened just outside the door. To think that he also lives right next to me is crazy. I sighed, enough with that. I have to focus on school if I want to get out of this place.

I opened the door, looking back behind me to check if everything was turned off. Clear. Closing the door behind me locking it, I wave to Mrs. Pattenson giving her a smile and her returning her sweet one back. Glancing next door it seemed that Tao had already left to school. Thank goodness. My feet felt heavy going down the stairs. Everyone knew what had happened yesterday and I knew what was coming. I feel scared just thinking about going on the bus but I'll just have to suck it up.

I got to the bus stop and soon enough, the start of a bad day pulled up. As I got on, all of the chattering and laughing stopped.

"What's up slut?" Amy Evans said giving her sly smile.

Everyone laughed of course but I just shrugged her off and kept walking. That was until Amy grabbed my shoulder from behind and threw me down. The bus didn't move at all.

"I said, WHATS UP. Do you not understand you tramp?" she said along with the laughter of the other students.

As I thought, it got even worse. My stomach on the bus floor, I tried getting up but her foot stopped me from doing so. I winced, trying not to cry. I bet Karoline told her to do this, they were "best friends" after all. I should have never intervened with Tao. I Shouldn't have helped him with his injury. I shouldn't have---

The laughter stopped and Amy's foot went off of my back. The bus was silent, the sound of the engine faint. I took a deep breath and looked up to find a hand reached out to me.

"Yo." Tao said giving me a cheeky but worried smile.

For some reason there was a feeling of relief that this person is right of front of me. I sighed and grabbed his hand, it was bigger than mine and had a rough feeling. Once I got up, he let go and nudged me to go to the back. Hesitating, I started walking and heard Amy and a couple of people scoff. The bus started moving right when we sat down.

Tao was sitting to the left side of me, giving me glances every so often. Too nervous to look at him, I looked out the window. The clouds looked like it was going to pour down during school all day. All of the sudden I felt a small tap on my shoulder and I turned to see Tao looking straight at me.

"Does this always happen? I mean, you getting pushed down and stuff?...." he said half angry, half worried.

"Yeah, I guess.. I'm used to it so you don't need to worry." I have to push him away. I can't get too close. "You don't need to be around me, there are a lot of people would love to though... so I can help myself even if I do get some scratches," I said giving him a faint smile.