Magic

"You're still doing it wrong." He voice cut through just as my fist smashed against the bag, barely making it move. I grunted, kicking it. So yes, the training session wasn't going too well. My back ached, my fists were sore from pinching it and frustration was building up. I was so used to being angry all the time, it was the only emotion I didn't want to feel.

"Stupid fuck-"

I was stopped mid sentence as he slid his arms around me, pulling me into his chest. My heart was going crazy as he let out a quiet breath. "Relax Shay, these things take time." I shrugged, just accepting his words. What else could I say?

"How about we take a break? How does icecream sound?"

"Like heaven." I sighed, dropping onto the bench. He grinned, sitting beside me. "How are you so worked up, you'be barely done anything today."

I gaped at him. "Excuse me, yes i have-"

"Like what, semi learning how to punch?" He asked, cutting me off.

"Shut up." I grumbled, pulling a hoody over my body. Here I was freaking exhausted, and he looking like he was just high and fucking mighty.

"How in the world are you not tired?"

He shrugged. "I work out a lot, this is normal for me."

Oh trust me I see that.. I didn't say that obviously, no I make myself look like an idiot enough as it is.

"You coming?" I looked up to him at the door, I nodded before getting up to follow him.

We ended up at a small, cute ice-cream shop but let me tell you, it wasn't even in the same state. We had to travel over an hour to get there and I kept complaining every five minutes. Although, it wasn't that bad, he had a good playlist.

"I used to come here as a child." He said at last, looking up at the peeling paint, and the rough exterior. I could practically see the memories in his eyes. He smiled at me sadly, and I wondered why. "C'mon." He took my hand, surprising us both and I looked away to conceal my blushing. 

A distinctive jingle was audible as we entered and I had a moment of peace to inspect the comfy looking little shop, it didn't really look like an ice-cream shop - it had that library feel, but nonetheless my eyes wandered to the ice cream parlor and I grinned.

"No way-" I heard a shocked voice say, and lifted my eyes to see an elderly lady standing behind the counter, her eyes wide with astonishment. 

"Axel is that you?!" He smiled softly at her. 

"Hey nana."

I looked between the two in surprise, but smiled at the exchange as she came over to hug him. The shock- and happiness was evident in her face. "But what are doing here, I didn't- what if he-"