CHAPTER 2

Okay I forgot to say this is a prolonged story so that's why there was not a lot of romanogers in the first chapter but trust me it will get there.
When Natasha got back, she was preparing to see her usual welcoming at STARK HEADQUARTERS. Her crimson hair flowed straight, when she opened the door and walked up the stairs. She didn't know why but she wanted to take the stairs. She expected everything, the loud welcome that would await. The drinks, the laughter. It was good to be back, she thought. She would open the door everyone would scream, "WELCOME BACK!" She would feel the soft blue eyes from afar welcome her. When Natasha finally did get up to where the would always have these 'welcome back parties,' just what she expected. The loud cheer filled the room, everything she expected. Except those soft blue eyes weren't there. Steve wasn't there. Natasha was settled in finally, when Clint decided to talk first. "How was your vacation, Natasha." He teased her of course. "If you mean by vacation where you are cramped up in a tent, then it was paradise," She smirked at him.
"Well, good." Clint then was having some sort of conversation with Tony, only using there eyes. When Clint cleared his throat,"Steve had to leave for an mission two days ago." Natasha seemed a bit stunned,"Important." Tony chimed in,"Well, he didn't actually say what it was." "But those were his exact words." Natasha nodded in acceptance, "Well let's start with the drinks!" "Now the party's starting,"Tony said. The party went on for hours.
Natasha was pretty drunk by now and, she came upon one of her fifth glass of wine. Tony aproached her," Something bothering you, I mean you're downing alcohol like you're in college."
"Well when you've done a lot of things, it starts to bother you," Natasha answered. Tony looked at her disbelieving, but said,"Alright."
"Hey Natasha, it's late are you going to sleep soon?" Tony asked.
"Since when do you care about going to sleep on time,"Natasha joked.
"Well I'm going," he last spoke.

He was right everyone had left and gone to their bedrooms. Natasha put down her glass and left. She walked to a door where she knew no one was in. She opened the door, but this wasn't her bedroom. It was Steve's. The room was dark, as she made her way through his room. She stopped at his drawer. What was so important about that mission, she thought. She opened the first drawer, nothing but clothes, and the next. And the next. She got to the second to last drawer where she found a box. She opened it and found old army medals. Steve probably wore those, but she also found a picture. It was the same picture that both her and Steve saw at his old army base. It was the girl. On the back it had words that read, Peggy I'm sorry I was late, I'm sorry that I am late. Natasha stared at those words like it meant something to her. But she put it back in the box, and put the box back. When she thought she heard footsteps approaching. But it was probably just her mind. Natasha slowly exited the room and made it to her room. She quietly entered and layed down on her bed. Until she fell asleep.