Chapter Three: Training Time

After the bathhouse fiasco, Sasuke was always blushing around me, Sakura was glaring at me, and Kakashi looked at me with curious eyes. When he told us that Zabuza was alive, I just stared at him. "Tomoya, I will teach you basic self defense. The others will be doing an exercise just for ninja." I shrugged, Naruto on the other hand whooped the whole way to the training spot. "Today you will be climbing trees." They all looked at him funny. "That's way too easy Kakashi sensei." Naruto whined. "How would climbing trees help us defeat Zabuza?" Sakura questioned. I interrupted before Kakashi could explain. "When you climb, you won't be using your hands. You'll be transferring chakra to your feet to adhere them to the tree bark, thus teaching you chakra control, which is priceless in battle." I smiled. Kakashi looked stunned. The others stared, wide eyed. Ah, crap. Kakashi demonstrated then dragged me to another area. "Tomoya, who are you?" he demanded. I shrugged. " A random chick who you found naked under a waterfall in the woods on your way here." He shook his head. "I've noticed several things Tomoya. One we never told you our names, you knew them. Two, back when we fought Zabuza, you made a spear appear out of nowhere. Three, you seem to know an awful lot about us." I sighed. "You're as sharp as I thought you would be Kakashi." He drew a kunai. "Whoa whoa whoa! I'm no ninja I swear it!" I held my hands in the air. I explained everything to him from school to my attack during MT training to how I got here and random powers I obtained. By the end of it he looked at me wide eyed. "So, we're a book? A story?" he didn't seem to believe it. "In my world at least." I shrugged. "I'm being honest here, I dont wanna die." He nodded. "Let's start your training." I nodded. He handed me a pouch of kunai. "Hit the targets." He marked several trees. I threw the first, it hit dead center. " I used to do some knife throwing with my dad." I grinned gripping my dog tags. He looked at them and his gaze softened. "I'm sorry for your loss Tomoya." I smiled. " I lost them when I was eight. They died for my country, I'm not sad anymore. I'm proud to be their daughter." he nodded.

We continued training for days. I was stronger, but I could not be a ninja yet, until the hokage recognized me as one, plus the fact I could not use ninjutsu didn't help. The day arrived, when we all were sitting at the table, Sasuke walked in supporting a sleepy Naruto. "We made it to the top." Kakashi nodded. "From tomorrow on, you guys will protect Tazuna." They nodded. "Excuse me, but why is this picture torn?" Sakura asks, I sighed and followed after Inari who had run off. "I'll be back." I excused myself. I stood outside his door, listening to him cry. "Inari..." I called. He opened the door. "What do you want? You're not even a ninja, you're even more likely to die than the rest of them." I smiled at his harsh words. "Can I come in?" He hesitated, but nodded. I sat with him on the window sill. "Your dad was a brave man, Inari." He growled. "Let me finish please. We've all lost someone Inari, Kakashi lost his comrads, Sasuke lost his whole clan, Naruto never even knew his parents. I lost mine too." he stared out the window quietly. "My parents died to protect my country, Inari, and your dad, he died to protect you. They are the true heroes." He looked at me teary eyed. I showed him my dog tags. "So don't be sad Inari. Be proud of your dad. He died doing what he believed in." Inari nodded. I left and went to bath and change. I wore one of Naruto's black tees and some shorts from Sakura. The shirt was tight, and I grunted in discomfort. I went back into the dining room. Eveyone stared. "I'll help with the dishes." I took plates and bowls to the kitchen. I heard shuffling. I sighed. I'm not a ninja but I can feel you staring holes perverts." They went away. We finished the dishes. I went to Sakura's and my shared room. I turned out the light and went to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------

I woke to someone shaking me. "Time to go." Kakashi said. "I'll be there later Kakashi." He hesitated but nodded. I stood up and got ready for battle. I tied my hair in a tight bun. I wore my wifebeater tank and some camoflauge pants with black combat boots. I equipped my weapon pouches that Kakashi gave me. Then I holstered the gun. I looked in the kitchen Inari was helping his mom with the dishes. Her name always avoids me. I sighed in frustration. "Wow, you look ready for a fight Tomo-chan. she said. "You guys need to be ready too." She looked surprised, but nodded and went to hide with Inari. I barracaded the front door and set a trap that would spear anything that broke through. I then waited with the gun pointed at the door. I waited for at least an hour before the door was sliced through, the swordsmen waiting on the otherside. The spear launched only to hit him in the left arm. I pointed the gun as he cursed. "Don't move!" I shouted. He grinned, "Whatcha gonna do girly?" He reminded me of Riki. I curled my lip in disgust at that. I shot him near his head. He lost his composure for a moment. "Well how about that?" He ran at me and I shot him and his buddy in the leg. I then jumped on him and knocked him out with the butt of the gun. I felt the tip of a blade touch my neck. The other guy at the other end made me rise with it. "Put your weapon on the ground." He ordered. I did. "Now-" His face suddenly went blank, along with a crashing sound. He fell and behind him appeared Tsunami (I remembered), holding a frying pan. I smiled. I then tied the two sword bozos to a post. Just then Naruto appeared. "Naruto to the rescue!" He looked shocked to see me tying the two up. "Sorry Naruto. I beat you to it." I grinned. He pouted and I let him and Inari talk for a bit. "Naruto. We gotta go." He nodded. "It'll be faster if I carry you Tomo." I nodded. I got onto his back. He ran all the way to the bridge.

While Naruto made his big entrance I used to smoke to hide and crawl over to the ice mirrors. I saw Sasuke almost down for the count. Time to get to work. I strapped a c-3 bomb to the mirror. My mom was a bomb specialist so it's made from scratch. I placed one at evey few mirrors while Kakashi finished introducing those three. "You forgot one Kakashi. What about that ravenette you had with you?" I snuck up to Zabuza, slow crawling under the cover of the fog. "Ah, she's Tomoya Momohare, an extraordinary military expert." I grinned and held the gun to Zabuza's back. "One move and I'll cripple you Zabuza Momochi." I grinned. He froze. "Kid, you have guts. I'm gonna be sorry to kill you." I cocked the gun. "Try me." He glared at me from behind. "Drop the sword." He dropped it. Kakashi was on him in seconds. "Don't kill him." I said, Kakashi protested. "Don't. Gato is using him. When we kill Gato he can get his money and we won't be enemies anymore. Sound good to you Zabuza?" He looked at me suspiciously. "Alright. I'll bite." I nodded and handed Kakashi the gun. "Wait here I'm gonna stop Haku." I started to press the detonator, but the red chakra was already flowing out of the mirrors."Shit." I ran for the mirrors. I jumped in and grabbed Naruto tackling him. I held him down as much as I could. "Haku, we are at a truce, Zabuza has already agreed to a deal. Haku looked at me, then walked towards Zabuza. Two lives saved. I sighed. Naruto slowly calmed down. He looked at me with tears in his eyes. I smiled and wiped them away. "He is ok. I promise." I walked over to Sasuke and waited for him to get up. I tended to the brunt of his wounds before I was grabbed by my hair and jerked to my feet. An uneeded cry of surprise escaped me. The knife was at my neck. Behind me was Gato's army of thieves. "Well, well, what a disappointment. Such disloyal ninjas." The devil spoke as he walked to the front of the crowd. "And yet I'm still pleased with what I've caught today." He eyed me hungrily and I growled. "Yes I think I'll let my men take care of you as I enjoy the view." I spit in his face. He grunted and proceeded to slap me. The knife pressed harder drawing blood. "TOMOYA!" Both Kakashi and Naruto shouted. I looked up at the guy holding me. I gave him a sexy look trying to hide my disgust. His eyes clouded over with lust, dropping his guard. I broke his wrist grabbing the knife stabbing him and kicking Gato in the balls. I made a metal pole and swung it breaking a few jaws. I swiped feet and drop kicked one of the thieves. I walked backward still holding the pole. I ended up backing into Zabuza. He patted my shoulder. "Yeah, I like you kid. You're really something to not be a ninja." I grinned. Sakura cried out that Sasuke was ok. I sighed in relief, so many things can change now that I'm here. I'm glad most of it was for the better. I started to feel dizzy. "Wha?" I mumbled. "Hey, kid?!" It all went black.

--------------------------------------------------

"Tomoya." Someone called. I opened my eyes. I was in the Sakura patterend kimono again. "Tomoya." I looked up to see a man, he looked to be in his early forties. "Are you the one who brought me here?" I questioned. He nodded. "Though a bit prematurely yes you were sent here." he explained. "Why?" he shook his head. "Not yet. Just know that the ability you have is only apart of you because we allowed it. It is the Sozo no me, the Eye of Creation. Use it wisely." With that I woke. I looke up at a white ceiling. It was a hospital. I looked to see Sasuke and Naruto fighting about something. "It's not my fault I can't eat!" Sasuke growled. "Well I aint feeding ya so suck it up and ask a nurse!" Naruto retorted. "I NEVER ASKED YOU TO FEED ME USURATONKACHI!" I chuckled and their attention snapped to me. "Tomoya! You're okay!" Naruto cheered. "You were so cool! You took out all those guys. It was amazing!" I grinned. I pulled out my iv and walked over to Sasuke's bed. I grabbed the bowl of soup. "Now say.'Ahhh' Uchiha." I ordered. He frowned and his face heated up. I finally got him to let me feed him. "Not too bad is it?" I asked. "You should be in bed." he grunted. I shrugged. Kakashi, Tsunami, and Tazuna walked in with Zabuza, Haku, and the doctor. I was forced back in bed and the doctor poked and prodded me, touching my chest more than necessary. I growled. Zabuza stood next to him. He gulped and moved on to Sasuke and Naruto. I sat up. Zabuza and Haku had to leave. They offered me to go with them but I declined. Zabuza akwardly patted my shoulder and they left.

The doctor told us we needed another week to heal. Soon it will be the Chuunin exams. I plotted my way to get in.