Chapter II: Winter Things

Here is your xmas present @sweaterchic :)

The next day, the little family go on shopping. They have to buy food, gifts and stuffs to decorate the house for Christmas. It means that the day is going to be particularly long.

"I hate doing grocery shopping!"yells Johanna while pushing the cart in the supermarket.

"You used to like it though."says Derek putting boxes of chocolate into the cart.

"Nothing was the same dad."she replies.

"Yeah, yeah keep reminding us that we're old Jo!"snaps Stiles.

She rolls her eyes. He's always so dramatic!
Johanna continues pushing the cart and stops in the section where all the candies are.

"Oh my God Skittles !!"she takes at least 6 bags and turns to face her parents. She makes her most adorable puppy face and smile.

"Please!"she begs.

"Oh come on how old are you?"laughs Derek.

"But I love it!"she explains.

"Please, please, please!"

"Fine! Just take it!"says Stiles throwing his hands in the air. He doesn't like buying things which are not on his list. It really annoys him!

"Yas!"she jumps like a child and puts it into the cart.

"Who was saying "Nothing was the same dad!" uh?" says Derek.

"Whatever!"she laughs.

After more than 2 hours of shopping Johanna has enough. She keeps huffing, or walking in a lazy way.
The truth is she's not really in the mood today: all she wanted to do was wear a legging a sweater and chill in the leaving room in front of a crappy Christmas movie with a cup of hot chocolate in her hand. Unfortunately it is not what her dads planned so she was dragged out of her bed by force this morning.

"Are we done yet?"she sighs.

Stiles checks his list.

"We have the onions, vegetables, turkey, pastas..."murmurs Stiles.

"Yes. I think we're done!"he nods.

"Cool, Let's get out of this place!"she mumbles to herself.
But her father Derek heard it as well.

"What's wrong with you today? You don't seem very happy to be with us!"

"Yeah that's right."adds Stiles, backing his husband up.

She ducks her head.

"I'm sorry."

"These past few weeks have been so intense so I just wanted to rest at home and chill."she explains.

"But I get it that you need my help with Christmas preparations and all. It's... Sorry."she repeats again.

Stiles and Derek look at each other.

"Why didn't you tell us that you wanted to stay at home?"asks Stiles.

"I don't know."

"Plus you're the one who wanted us to wait for you so we can do Christmas shopping together ."Derek says.

She sighs. How she hates when her parents sides against her like that and are reproachful!

"Yeah I should have had told you."

"It's ok." Derek answers.

"Now that you have mentioned it, I also really want to get out of here! What do you think of eating at that Italian restaurant again?"says Stiles cheerfully.