Chapter 1 - School

Elizabeth's P.O.V

RING*RING*

Ugh. Well, there goes the bell again. People begin to fire out with the classroom like there's no tomorrow. I don't blame them, school is boring and well, it's lunch time now. It's the time for people gather with their friends, have fun and eat food. They will be fighting over the school's food in the canteen like starving animals. Then there's me, sitting at the back of the classroom, going ahead of everyone in the class with my work.

At lunchtime, I'm usually in physics. And I have to admit, it has to be one of my favourite classes...

Don't judge.

Today seems to have flown by quite quickly. Out of honestly, I can't complain. School isn't the best place for me, so I'm more than happy when school day's come to an end. I just don't fit in with the people. I'm not sociable. When I do try to talk to someone, they just push me away looking at me in disgust, wanting me out of their atmosphere like I'm some sort of germ.

What's the point in trying to fit in anyway? If people don't like me for who I am, then I guess I have to deal with it. I'm not changing just to fit in. I would rather be 100% my honest self.

I never eat the school food. It is absolutely disgusting. Most of it literally looks like a sloppy pile of dog dung on a plate. I don't even know what half of the food is meant to be! Like, how can people fight over that shit?

I don't like bringing my own food into school either. Since I despise the stares of irrelevant judgemental people when I eat food. Out of the corner of my eye I see them all look at me like I'm some sort of pig.

As you have probably guessed already, I'm one of those people who are completely conscious of their body, I don't particularly like my figure; I'm unconfident but I'm far too lazy to do anything about it. As for my younger sister Jasmine, her figure is perfect; In other words, people say she has the body of a 'supermodel'.

I mean.. I have no choice but to agree with them. I envy her. The long black silky hair that reaches the bottom of her back, big round bright emerald eyes, sun kissed skin with a slim and curvy body standing at 5'5. Who wouldn't get jealous?

Jasmine is quite popular in the school community. Everybody loves her. I mean EVERYBODY. All boys, all girls, even all members of staff at school. Jasmine is too sweet for her own good. That's why I have to look out for her. Her character is nothing like the cliché popular 'mean girl's' you see on television. She is far from that, she is very caring, shy and loving. No wonder everyone is fond of her.

Then there's me, I literally have no one. I self identify as a loner. As much as school bores me, I love the work. I have top grades in almost all of my classes. People classify me as a 'geek' or a 'freak'. All because I am intelligent and hold a lot of knowledge? I honestly don't understand people of this generation. 100 years ago, woman would have been praised for having intelligence. And now, we get called out and bullied for it.

Anyway, my appearance is nothing like Jasmines. We look completely different. If we were new to this school, people wouldn't know we were sisters or related in any way just by looking at us. They would have to be told that we are, and prove it with the evidence.

I have dark chocolate hair with dirty blonde highlights shadowing the top layers blaming the sun light. My hair is a little shorter than Jasmines since I have recently had a trim. I have big round navy blue eyes, pale skin, with a body of Jabba the hut. Standing at 5ft7. A little taller than Jasmine.

Half of the time I think to myself, what it would be like to be popular. Have friends and people who love you surrounding you most of the time when you are in school.