The Emo Kid

EXT. HIGH SCHOOL—DAY

Perspective shows young adults walking about the school grounds.

Perspective zooms in on a specific boy. 

His name is JAKE OAKLAND.

He is the age of 15. His look would be considered a - GOTH, or EMO- type.

INT. HIGH SCHOOL—DAY

Jake stops in the lobby of the school, looking around.

Am I ready for my freshman year? Jake thought to himself.

Kids bump past him as they rush around, making Jake sigh. Brushing his black hair out of his face he starts walking to his homeroom class.

He bumps into a lean muscular guy but pays no attention to it. The guy recoils and shoves Jake onto the floor.  Confused Jake rubs his head and looks up at the guy.

“Watch where you’re going punk!” The guy spat and walked away.

Another freshman rushed towards Jake to help him up. Jake looked at the boy. He had short light brown hair and shiny brown eyes.

He’s kind of good lookin. Jake thought to himself .

 Grabbing Jake’s left wrist he lets out a painful breath and winces. The other boy looks at him confused and flips his wrist over.

“Don’t worry about it.” Jake responds quickly, snatching his hand back. The boy sighs rubbing the back of his neck and shrugs.

“My names Carlton, that other guy was Christen. The schools jock, he walks around here like he owns the place. I recommend you keep your space.” Carlton out stretched his hand so Jake could shake it.

He took the boys hand and shook. “Jake.” He said with a smile. The boy smiled.

“Mind if I see your schedule?” Jake nodded and reached into his backpack.

“Here.” He handed the boy his schedule. Carlton examined the piece of paper and nodded slowly. Smiling he handed the paper back. “You have all my classes.” He said with the smile still on his face.

“Cool. So where is our first period?” Jake asked trying to sound cool and collected.

“This way. Follow me.” Carlton Motioned Jake down a hall labeled ‘Hall A’

Jakes eyes wandered to the other boys bottom and smiled.

Nice butt. Wait no! Bad Jake! You don’t even know what this guy is into! Jake thought to himself.

Jake mentally slapped himself.

Jake stopped staring down not noticing Carlton had turned around giving him an odd stare.

“Oh sorry…” Jake said, rubbing his neck. He blushed furiously and looked away from the boy. The boy giggled and guided Jake to their class.

“It’s alright. I don’t judge.” Carlton said with a smile. Jake looked back at him still blushing. He bit down on his bottom lip and looked away again, causing Carlton to laugh again.

“So where are you from? I haven’t seen you before.” Carlton asked.

Jake swallowed before answering. “I’m from Macon.” Jake mumbled. The other boy nodded, still smiling.