Chapter 23

Nicky's P.O.V.

I was currently making some pancakes for the whole pack with my mom, when I felt two strong arms wrap around my waist.

"Your ass looks so great in those yoga pants," Liam whispered into my ear.

I heard my mom chuckle from beside me while she poured chocolate chips into the mix. Liam began rubbing my tummy, knowing this was the big day that we were announcing my pregnancy to the pack. I was twelve weeks pregnant and it had been a week since I told Liam about it. He was itching to tell his family, and the pack so that they all knew I was his. That's just what he said, which doesn't make any sense because I am not attracted to anyone but him.

A small baby bump was noticable now, and I hid it by wearing baggy t-shirts everywhere. It was quite miserable.

I turned around, facing Liam and placed a light kiss on his lips, biting his bottom lip in the process. Sparks shot throughout my body, a pleasureable feeling that I would never get tired of, at all.

Liam's brown messy hair, was styled to perfection, as usual. His eyes looked at me with so much love, that I actually thought I would melt into nothing as he looked at me. He was the definition of perfection. No doubts about it.

"I love you," I kissed his nose, his grin growing wider.

"I love you," he whispered.

"Alright you two. We don't want to give Mr. Ricker a heart attack," my mother laughed lightly.

I pulled away from Liam, and walked over to my mom, handing her the mix as she made the pancakes. One after another, she made them until there was finally three whole plates, stacked with pancakes. We had to make a lot of food for the pack, because there were a lot of us, plus we were wolves who needed fuel.

"Breakfasts served!" Mom shouted.

You could hear feet pounding on the floor as pre-teens and children, even some teens, made their way downstairs and began digging in.

Liam made my plate for me as we sat at the table with everyone.

"I would like to have all of your attention, please," my dad stood up.

Everyone fell silent and all eyes were on him.

"I would like to make a toast to my beautiful daughter, whom has been through a lot lately. She has always been the bravest person I know, always handling things the way they should be handled. Well most of the time, anyways," he laughed lightly, looking at Carly, who smiled sheepishly. "But most of all, I'm happy that she has found her mate, Liam, and he is the brother of the Alpha, and I know for a fact that he will take good care of my daughter."

My dad patted Liam on the shoulder, and shook his hand in that manly way that men always tended to do in order to look tough.

I kissed Liam on the cheek, feeling ever so happy with my life right now. I was with the man of my dreams, about to have his child, and I had an amazing family. What more could a girl ask for?

"And here's to-"

Dad was cut off by a sudden explosion that rang through my ears. It hadn't occured in this house, but one close by.

In a pack community, there isn't just one pack house. There are many. Forgot to mention that. Whoops.

Anyways, Liam sprang into action, as did his brother and father. Even though Daniel had recently taken over from their father when he became twenty-one, which happened before I moved here, their father still fought as much as he could.

Liam jumped up quickly from his chair and walked towards the door, his family men following behind.

What the hell was happening?