Daddy's Little Girl

Copyright © 2014 by GoalDigger

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to the publisher, addressed "Attention: Permissions Coordinator," to the publisher's source.

I stood in my final stance and inhaled and exhaled multiple times. My arms upward and my hands tilted downward. Standing on my tippy toe with my ballet slipper on, I had my other leg crossed behind me, directly on my backside. I watched out in the crowd as, one by one, people stood and uprooted in cheers.

"That's my baby!"

My eyes peered throughout the crowd as to whom had said those words. They landed upon my father. Big, muscular, and standing at 6'4, I saw tears roll down his face. Beside him stood my beautiful mother, my older brother, and my bestfriend.

I smiled brightly, then took a bow. I skipped off of the stage and down the stairs. I walked through the thick crowd until I fell upon my father's embrace.

"You did so good, babygirl."

"Thank you, daddy."

He kissed my forehead, and then released me. He handed me a bouquet of flowers and this sky blue, beautiful teddy bear. On the bottom of it, it read 'Daddy's Little Girl.' I smiled and hugged my father once more. I loved him so much.

I walked over to my mother and she, too, embraced me. She kissed the top of my hair and said, "I'm so proud of you, baby." I smiled at her, showing all of my facial features, "Thanks, mommy."

She wiped my tears away and I made my way to my brother. He smirked at me and looked me up and down, "You did alright." He stated. A sudden wave of sadness overtook me, and he realized it. He smiled brightly and said, "You were all that and a bag of chips!" My face lit up, and he pulled me into one of his famous tight hugs. I felt a light tap on my shoulder.

I turned around and made eye contact with a pair of large, brown eyes. My brother let me go, and I fully turned around to see the face with the eyes.

"That's what's up, Pair." He said, hugging me tightly. I smiled and sniffed his cologne. I love the way he smells.

He let me go and smiled at me, showing his pearly whites. I blushed and he held up his fist. I pounded it, and he patted my back.

I went back to my father, and listened as the 3rd and 2nd placed winners were being called.

"Clearly, there is no need to announce your number one placer." The announcer stated. My father wrapped his arm around my shoulder as I tightly shut my eyes and crossed my fingers.

"And, in 1st place ... Paris Hendrix!"

My eyes widened as I heard the woman say my name. Me? This Paris Hendrix? I still hadn't moved.

"Go get your awards, babygirl!" My father yelled, urging me on. I passed him the gifts that he gave me to my mother, who was crying. I looked at my brother who was standing with a grin plastered on his face and clapping. My bestfriend nodded his head up and down and slightly clapped.

I walked up the stairs of the stage as I claimed my flowers, sash, medallion, and plaque. I gently hugged the announcer as she began to speak to me.

"Do you have anyone you would like to thank, Ms. Hendrix?"

I nervously looked out onto the crowd. There had to be millions of people here. As shy as I was, I stepped up to the mic. I relaxed as I saw my parents, brother, and bestfriend smiling at me. My daddy was in major tears.

"Uhh.. um, yes please. First, I would like to thank God for allowing me to see this day. I would also like to thank my mother for supporting me throughout all the years I've been dancing. I love her so much. I would also like to thank my brother, and my bestfriend for missing school and coming to every one of my ballet competitions. Last but definitely not least, I would like to thank this one man. The one who has me standing on this stage right now, receiving this award. The one who drives me to each one of my practices each day. The one I love so much, God Himself couldn't even explain to you all. This man is .."

I suddenly stopped as I saw the doors of the centerplex burst open and about 10 armed and fully dressed in bullet proof vests police officers came into my view.

"FREEZE, EVERYONE!" They yelled, which caused everyone to scream, but still stay calm. I obliged, but vigorously shook at the sight. I never saw a real gun in person. I just knew the damage that could be done with one.

The officers slowly walked down each side of the benches, looking at each person. I watched them as they stopped at the row that my family was sitting in.

"HE'S RIGHT HERE!"

Before I knew it, my father was faced down on the ground and two officers were on top of him. They put his hands on his back and handcuffed him.

Hot tears trailed down my face, and goose bumps filled my skin. "NO!" I screamed out, but no matter how heart wrenching my pleas were, the officers were still taking my father.

The polices lifted my father off of the ground, and quickly surrounded him. He began fidgeting, as if he was trying to get loose. All weapons towards him, he had nowhere to go. Nowhere to run to. I suddenly saw something my daddy always told me not to do. I saw my father giving up.

I shook the tears out my eyes before I looked back at my daddy one last time. He looked at me with pleading eyes and mouthed the words, "I'm sorry, Paris."

I mouthed back, "I love you, daddy."

He faintly smiled, and the officers dragged him out of the centerplex, and also out of my life.