Chapter 17: Journey Through Mordor

Start from the beginning

She widened her eyes, realizing what he wanted her to do, lead them to where Aragorn was.

"Legolas, what if they follow us? What if the find where they're hiding?

"Where else should we go then?!"
Legolas shouted, startling Eowyn.
"There is nowhere we can go that is safe from Sauron! We cannot go to anyone for help! Everyone I ever cared about is gone! My father, my people, all of them are gone!"

Eowyn looked at him in sorrow, he had truly lost everyone. Aragorn and his friends were the only ones he had left, and she couldn't bring him to them.

Legolas stood up and announced that they were leaving. He helped Boromir with Faramir and led them on through Mordor.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Two more days had past. If Sauron had been serious about releasing his orcs he would have done it that day.

Fear was settling on everyone. They moved quicker and more cautious than before. Legolas kept a watch for any orcs that could be nearby but they met no one.

Boromir struggled with Faramir. His brother was hanging onto life by a thread. He couldn't lose his brother, he was all he had left.

They were falling behind. Legolas didn't stop but thankfully Eowyn noticed and got his attention.

They waited for them to catch up. Boromir couldn't look at Legolas, he knew that the elf blamed him for everything that had happened. He wished that Legolas had just killed him in that cell. No, he wished that he had killed him at Amon Hem, when he had been the only thing standing between him and escape. Why couldn't he have just shot him? That way none of this would have happened.

He wouldn't have led countless men to their deaths, he wouldn't have killed his father or Pippin. He looked up at Legolas and saw the scar, he was responsible for his suffering.

If he had let them destroy the ring then Sauron would have been gone forever. He would have never been able to hurt Legolas again.

He had seen what the Dark lord had done to him, what he had turned him into. The quest that the Fellowship had set out to do had been his only chance to be rid of Sauron for good.

But it was too late now, there was nothing they could do to defeat Sauron, it was hopeless.

Suddenly Faramir collapsed. Boromir was immediately beside him. His eyes were closed and he was barely breathing, he was dying.

No... Not Faramir. Not my little brother.

Eowyn knelt down beside him. She looked at him with tears in her eyes. Boromir gazed at his brother helplessly, there was nothing they could do.

He felt a hand on his shoulder and to his surprise it was Legolas. He said nothing as he moved him aside, kneeling beside Faramir he placed one hand on his head and the other over his heart.

He closed his eyes and began to murmur something in elvish. Boromir glanced at Eowyn who was looking at Legolas with her eyes wide.

Legolas' body shook. His eyes shot open and he gasped as he jumped away from Faramir.

Boromir immediately turned to his brother while Eowyn raced over to Legolas who was lying on the ground.

"Faramir?"

His eyes opened slowly. He looked up at his brother in confusion.

"Boromir? Where are we? What-"
"Save your strength."

Boromir helped him sit up and looked at him in shock.

Most of his minor wounds had healed, his eyes were brighter and he looked much better than before.

Boromir glanced at Legolas who was slowly getting back to his feet.

"What did you do?" he asked.

Legolas turned around and faced them. Boromir noticed something different about his eyes. They were duller than they used to be, kind of a greyish blue, it looked like the color was fading.

"I gave him some of my light." he said calmly.

"What do you mean?" Eowyn asked.
"All elves have the light of the eldar in them. Some of us can give it to others to give them strength."
"Does it hurt you?"

Legolas hesitated before answering. "Yes."

"Why did you do that for me?" Faramir asked.
"Because you will need your strength. We must move as soon as possible, and we cannot stop."

"Why?" Eowyn asked.

"Because we are being followed."

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Comment and let me know what you think!