The Bryson Interview Part 1

In this section, Bryson Tiller introduces himself, cites his influences, talks about how "Don't" was created and more!

Interviewers:

Jewlz: Jewlz is a midday radio peronality (10 AM-3 PM) on Middle Georgia's #1 Hip Hop Station 97.9 WIBB. She also considers Houston her second home and was the lead interviewer at the event.

Tex James: Tex James is a radio personality and rapper signed to Columnia Records, most famous for his song "Smart Girl" featuing Stuey Rock & B.O.B that released back in 2012. He hosts an afternoon drive show (3PM-7PM) on Middle Georgia's #1 Hip Hop Station 97.9 WIBB.

Jewlz: 97.9 WIBB, Jewlz is checking in here at the beautiful Fort Valley State University. What's going on y'all?

(The crowd yells)

Jewlz: I'ma need y'all to make more noise than that! What is going on Fort Valley?

(The crowd yells even louder)

Jewlz: We're doing it real big on Friday. We got the lovely Bryson Tiller here. If you do not know this sexy man, he has that hot single out called "Don't". What's going on Bryson?

Bryson Tiller: What's up?

Jewlz: How are you feeling?

Bryson Tiller: I'm good.

Jewlz: Ok! Tell us a little about you for those that do not know.

Bryson Tiller: My name is Bryson Tiller. I'm from Louiville, Kentucky. Started making music when I was like fifteen. Stopped doing music when I was like twenty. I had a daughter and then I was like, "Alright man. I gotta make something shake." So, I found a beat on the internet, uploaded it and, you know, now I'm here.

Jewlz: Ok. And, just to let y'all know, I got my boy Tex James right beside me as well.

Tex James: What's happenin', what's happenin'? Fort Valley make some noise again!

(The crowd yells)

Tex James: Aye! We love the Valley man! There's a lot of pretty women out here bruh.

Bryson Tiller: Yeah.

Tex James: Yeah! I like when the city comes out like that!

(Tex and Bryson laugh)

Jewlz: Now, I ain't gonna be biased because H-Town is my second home and I know you shouted them out, but your single is killing right now. Who are your influences?

Bryson Tiller: OVO sound is one of my biggest influences. The Dream, Trey Songz, Chris Brown. Man, I got a lot of people that I just look up to. You know what I mean?

Jewlz: And what is the reference to the H-Town?

Bryson Tiller: My boy King Borie. Like I said that beat was on Soundclick so I got the beat. I went to this studio and he's from H-Town. Houston. I played him the song and I was like, "Yo, I got this song called 'Don't' bruh. Check it out." And he listened to it and he was like, "Oh, I like this bruh. I did the same exact beat!" And I was like "For real"? Then, he played it for me and he had the "H-Town got me feeling so throwed" and I was like, "Yo, my version is short. We should combine them." So, that was how that happened.

Jewlz: Some people get confused by "Don't". So, what do you mean in the song? When you say "don't" what are you talking about? Don't go back to that crazy man?

Bryson Tiller: The "Don't" video is out now on Vevo on YouTube. You can check it out.

Jewlz: You heard that! YouTube.

Bryson Tiller: Yeah, it's on YouTube and I got a few more videos coming too.

Jewlz: Ok. And tell us about this new single you got out.

Bryson Tiller: Uh..."Don't"?

Jewlz: No, no, no. You have another single coming out.

Bryson Tiller: I don't even know what the single is gonna be yet. We just dropped the project. It's on iTunes right now and Apple Music. Stream it if y'all got Apple Music. I see some of y'all got Androids in here but whatever.

(The crowd laughs)

Bryson Tiller: No shade!

Tex James: We're gonna do a li'l something for the females. There's a new record that we're gonna play from the album besides "Don't".

Bryson Tiller: Oh yeah. For sure.

Tex James: We're the big station. We do what we wanna do. So we just gonna play some new music.

Bryson Tiller: Word.

Tex James: Give me the name of a song.

Bryson Tiller: "Overtime".

Tex James: "Overtime"! Alright, so y'all wanna hear "Overtime"? Y'all make some noise!

(The crowd yells)

Jewlz: It's Bryson Tiller. You already know what it is. It's 97.9 WIBB. We're checking at Fort Valley! Make some noise!

(The crowd yells)

Jewlz: And this is an exclusive. Tell them one more time.

Bryson Tiller: "Overtime".

Jewlz: Give it up for Bryson Tiller y'all. It's WIBB!

Read Part 2 for his favorite song off Drake & Future's "WATTBA", His thoughts on college, How the name "T R A P S O U L" was created and more! Check out the mini-movie "When Bryson Tiller Came To Fort Valley State University" on YouTube for the full interview plus audience questions!