Suprise

Y/N POV
Lauren has always wanted a puppy so today I've decided since its Christmas I should get her one. I'm currently on my way to the local pound to look at puppies. As I open the door to the shelter I walk towards the lady at the desk. "Hi my name is Patty, is there anything I can help you with?" I smile at her happy tone. "Yes I'm looking for a puppy for my girlfriend." My smile grows as I think of how excited Lauren will be. "Aw so cute, the dogs are this way." She says getting up and walking towards a door that says 'dogs'. We walks me towards a pen of 10 puppies some chihuahua's and some terriers. "We have 4 girls and 6 boys, do you know if you want a boy or girl?" "Uh my girlfriend said she'd want a boy." I say remembering how Lauren said if she got a boy dog she'd put bow ties on him'. "Okay give me a second and I'll take the girls out.
After it was only the boys I saw a black chihuahua play fighting with a brown terrier in the corner. "I like those two." I say pointing towards the two. She laughs " I don't know if you want them, they're called 'double trouble' for a reason." She finishes with a chuckle. "I think I can take them." I say confidently. "Alright, you can go to the front and sign the papers while we get them ready." She says shaking her head.
After about thirty minutes I filled out the paperwork and Patty had came back with the puppies for me. The black chihuahua had on a white bandanna and the brown terroir had on a red one. I smile at them picking them up. "Good luck." She says patting me on the back chuckling.
I put them in them in the car as I start the car I look at them "I don't see why the call you guys trouble, you don't seem that bad." I tell them putting the car in reverse.
As I was driving back to my house it started to rain so I turned on the wind shield wipers. As soon as I did the terrier jumped on the dash barking at him. "Woah there killer calm down." I say picking him up off the dash and putting him back in the seat as he continued to bark. The chihuahua was a little slow to why he was barking but began barking also at the wipers. "Easy guys." I say trying to hold them back from jumping on the dash. I reach a red light, "hey it's okay there just wind shield wipers" I say picking up the chihuahua putting him on the dash. He stopped barking "see they aren't so bad." I say putting him back in the seat once he is down he goes back to barking. " oh I see your a badass when your a couple feet away but up close your a scardy cat." I say smirking rubbing behind his ear. As the ride continued with the puppies barking I finally got home.
When I opened the door I see Lauren in the kitchen. I say the puppies down and walk to the kitchen hoping they'll follow. "Hey babe" I greet her kissing her lips. "Hey baby! I missed you." She says wrapping her arms around my neck. "I was gone for an hou-" I get cut off with the lamp in the living room falling and making a loud 'bang' noise. Oh god. "What the hell?" Lauren says walking past me into the living room. "Omg y/n you got me a puppy!" She says loudly as I walk into the living room seeing her on the floor holding the black chihuahua as he wiggles around in her arms excitedly. "Yeah babe actually two but I don't know where the other one is." I whisper the last part trying to look around the living room.
I hear glass braking in the kitchen.
I run there seeing the the terrior covered in flour, sitting there wagging his tail with his tongue out,looking up at me. "Now I see it." I mutter to myself. "See what babe?" Lauren asks turning the corner. "Aww look at him! He's so cute!" She exclaims kneeling down picking him up also. She looks down at the mess, then me. "Ha well the lady at the shelter said they're called 'double trouble' so..." "So you picked the baddest dogs there?" She says laughing. I smile "yeah." "You get the clean the mess." She says walking past me with the pups. "Noooo." I whine. I hear her laugh. "Merry Christmas babe!" I yell. "Thank you! Merry Christmas!"