20

R I L E Y

"I lied to you about my relationship with Devin." I sobbed as he stared at me.

"...what?" He whispered out.

"I was never in a relationship with Devin. I made a deal with about being his fake girlfriend for show and to maintain his image." I answered.

"Is this a joke? ...I can't believe this is fucking happening!" He yelled angrily.

"No this isn't joke. No one knew about this, not his parents or mines, not even Maya knew." I tried to explained.

"Wow, this just gets even better and better! And all this time I was trying to figure out how to win you back because I still fucking love you!" He said frustratedly. "Were you playing with feelings as well?"

"No, no! I would never..." I said defending myself.

"How am I suppose know that Riley?! All this time you were acting that you were taken and you knew how I felt about you!" He said as he rubbed his face.

"No Lucas it wasn't like that! I love you Lucas, I still do love you and never stopped." I cried out.

"Well damn shit Riley, you have some way of showing it. This is all fucked up because of you!" He yelled pacing back and forth.

"Excuse me?! Why are putting the blame on me?" I retorted angrily.

"Because if you didn't make this stupid agreement with Devin, we wouldn't be in this mess." He answered walking towards me.

"You do not fucking get to say that. You do not know why and what I did it for! Hell, you don't know anything that's happen to me for the last 3 years!" I said jabbing my finger into his chest.

"Exactly! And why the fuck do you think I wasn't there for those last 3 years! Hmm, tell me Riley, tell me why?!" He said as he nudge my hand away from his chest.

I stood there frozen and tried to reply but nothing came out.

He scoffed, "That's what I thought. Maybe there's a reason why we never worked out in the first place, why would we even work out the second time around."

He walked past me but paused, "...I-I just, nevermind...goodbye."

I didn't move or turn around to see Lucas walked out, yet I know he was gone forever when I heard the door slam closed.

I let myself fall to ground and cry my heart out. Wondering when the ground would swallow me whole.

Few minutes later I heard the door open. "Riley, how'd it go with Lucas? I just saw him pull out from the drive way—oh."

Next thing I know someone was picking me up, trying their best to comfort me.

"I-I tried to t-tell him." I sobbed out.

"Shhh Riley. Let it all out, let it all out." He said as I held onto him.

❂❂❂❂❂

"...yeah thanks Zay. I'll make sure to stop by later and pick up the paperwork. No-yes I'm back in New York, I arrived late last night. Okay thanks man, see you later." I woke up to Devin's phone call.

"Hey, you're awake. I made some lunch for us." Devin said sitting on the couch next to me.

"Thanks. How long have I been out? And why did I sleep on the couch?" I asked confused.

"Well you fell asleep on me and I didn't have the heart to move you." He sincerely said.

"I'm sorry but I don't remember you coming back. I know Lucas-" I stopped.

"Hey, it's okay. Come here." He said wiping tears away and pulling me into a hug.

"I'm sorry about crying on you again..." I tried to explain, again.

"It's fine Riley, you can tell me when I'm ready. Tissue?" He said giving me the tissue box.

"Oh I don't know what I would do without you, my trusty servant." I said before blowing my nose.

"1, eww and 2, I ain't no servant, you peasant." He witted back.

"You're such a loser!" I said laughing through my tears.

"Well I guess someone's not gonna get any of my famous spaghetti." He joked.

I gasped, "How could you deny me of your famous spaghetti! I thought we had something special!"

"There's nothing special, if there's nothing to begin with." He shot backed.

"Oh you take that back!" I said hitting him with a pillow, multiple times.

"Okay, okay! I take it back! Now can we eat, my tummy's growling." He pouted, rubbing his stomach.

"Yeah c'mon doofus." I said getting up.

"Thank gosh!" He whispered.

+++++

Well, who was expecting that?!
I wonder what happen between Riley and Lucas 3 years ago?!
Any guesses?

So what are your thoughts:
Rucas fighting?
Wonder what Lucas meant about not being there for 3 years?
Surprised that Devin came back?
Diley friendship? (nope there is no romance between them)

Also Happy Holidays/Happy Christmas Eve/Merry Christmas to everyone!!!! Stay safe, enjoy your gifts, spend time with your family, and eat as much!!!

And a Happy Bday to Louis who turned 5! (although he actually turned 24)

Don't be afraid to vote, comment, follow, or privately message me.

Until next time my good looking chicken nuggets! - Diana