Chapter one: Wrong side of the bed

Merlin’s POV

I woke up this morning like something was not quite right. I had no idea why I felt that way but for some reason I just did.

I climbed out my bed like any other day to get dressed. As I put on my boots and picked up jacket to put on my bedroom door flung open.

‘Merlin!’ shouted Gwaine. Oh great this didn’t look good.

‘What is wrong Gwaine’ I asked him as I put my jacket on as he conitued to stare at me weirdly.

‘I didn’t ask you last night but why where you wearing black clothing?’ asked Gwaine.

I stared at him weirdly clearing not understanding a word he was talking about.

‘I don’t wear black Gwaine’ I said to him.

‘Maybe I imagined it oh well anyway you are late’ he said to me.

‘Am I’ I asked puzzled.

‘Yeah Gaius forgot to wake you he got me to come here as soon as possible to get you up’ laughed Gwaine.

‘Oh great Arthur is going to be kill me then’ I said to him.

‘I hope not who else is going to keep him from being a little less of a prat’ smiled Gwaine.

I smiled at him as we both left my room into the main chamber. I grabbed something to eat before we both headed off in different directions.

Vern’s POV

I found a place to stay. It’s called sleeping in this little wooden shed at the back someone’s house. 

They were not using it so I was borrowing it as I am homeless after all.

I woke up as I found the sun creeping through the cracks. This little wooden shed was old but I didn’t have much choice.

I got to my feet. My back was bloody aching but I ignored it as I headed out onto the street to begin my day.

I wanted to find out more about this Merlin guy and why a knight of Camelot thought I was him.

I wasn’t particular interested in the fact that he looked like me so we could get on. It was more if I can get away of pulling this guy of. I may be able to get food or steal some descent stuff considering he was friends with a knight.

‘Morning Merlin’ said a voice from behind me. I turned around to find a maid with this beautiful blue dress and she could pull off being a princess.

‘Do I know you’ I said before I could stop myself.

‘Oh come on Merlin I am Gwen and you are Merlin we’re been friends for years’ laughed Gwen.

‘Yeah I was joking Gwen’ I said to her.

‘So was I, anyway I got to go and sort out the kings breakfast shouldn’t you be serving Arthur’ she smiled.

‘Arthur’ I said stumbling over my words as I was in shock.

‘Arthur prince of Camelot what is wrong with you today. You know how Arthur can get so get going’ smiled Gwen.

I watched as Gwen walked off but waited for her to be out of sight.  This Merlin was a servant to the prince of Camelot. This was going to be a lot of fun.

I couldn’t stop thinking about the stuff I could steal as I headed towards the castle. It wouldn’t be too hard to find Arthur. He is the prince after all.

Arthur’s POV

The last thing I expected was to see Merlin walk into my chamber wearing black. I thought I would never see the bubbly and happy Merlin look so not Merlin.

‘Why you late and what is with what you are wearing’ I said to him harshly.

He didn’t say anything he was just looking at me. Oh great don’t tell me Merlin has turned into a boot licker. If he has I think I will die.

‘What is your problem today? Where is.....where is Merlin?’ I asked him.

Merlin looked at me like he just got caught doing something he clearly wasn’t meant to be doing. That was quite odd to be honest.

Merlin left the room like my chamber was on fire. What the heck is going on here?

Merlin’s POV

I entered Arthur’s chamber to find Arthur starring at me with dagger eyes which was quite odd.

‘Arthur I am sorry’ I began.

‘You are forgiven I suppose,  right can you now get on with it’ said Arthur.

‘I sure can you prat’ smiled Merlin as he went over to Arthur’s bed and started to make it.

‘I am having breakfast with my father today’ said Arthur.

‘I know I am sorry it was Gaius's fault’ I began.

‘Let’s just not get into’ said Arthur clearly in some kind of mood. Why was it always me?

I did a quick tidy up of the room before we both left Arthur’s chamber.

Vern’s POV

I watched as I saw the real Merlin exit the chamber with Arthur but I waited until they were gone before I approached the chamber door which I knew to be locked.

There was one major reason why I hated Camelot and why I liked to avoid it.

I have magic.  

I knew if I was caught I would be executed. 

That was never going to happen now.

If it comes to it Merlin would die in my place.

Oh how my life was getting better with every hour in Camelot. I whispered a spell quietly making the lock on the door slide open.

I was in.

Arthur’s POV

Merlin was acting odd. That much was clear but I didn’t want to ask him why he was wearing black in the first place or why he left to change without letting me know.

As much as Merlin was an idiot and continually argued with me he still would of told me he was quickly going to change not run of like he had something to hide.

I was going to find out what was happening if it continued but for now I had to enjoy this meal with my father. Oh did he just speak to me.

‘Arthur!’ he said loudly to me.

‘Yes father’ I said.

‘About time what is on your mind son’ he asked me as he sipped his drink.

‘Nothing I’m a little tired that is all’ I said to him.

‘Is it your bed maybe your servant is not doing a good job with making you bed’ said my father.

‘Father it’s not the bed I just feel tired today’ I said quickly trying to save Merlin’s ass even though right about now I wasn’t in the mood to.

Merlin looked over at me smiling. Maybe Merlin just got out the wrong side of the bed this morning.

--------------------------------------------

Vote and comment if you want

Hope you enjoy guys

Sorry its short XD