Kingdom Hearts - Christmas Cheer

"Why don't we go out in the snow first?"

"No Roxas."

"C'mon! Xion, you wanna go too right?"

"Sorry Roxas but I have to agree with Axel. We need to get this done first."

It was the middle of December and the three housemates were making their Christmas preparations around their home. It had snowed the night before and Roxas was now gazing out yearningly at the the ground outside covered in a blanket of it. They didn't get snow often around here and when they did it only stayed for a couple of days so naturally he wanted to make the most of it while it was there. However it was two against one and the decision made was that work was to come first and then play. In the corner of there living room was a bare Christmas tree surrounded by various knotted bundles of lights and two taped up boxes labeled 'Christmas Decorations'.

Roxas sighed and turned from the window to the other two. "Alright fine. What should I do then?"

"Hmm," Xion put a hand to her chin for a moment as she stared at the decorations in thought. "Well, maybe you should start off with putting up the tree decorations with Axel and I'll put up the rest around the house."

"Hey, who made you boss," Axel teased, leaning against the wall, arms folded.

"Well someone has to keep you two on your toes or else you'll start slacking off," she shot back with a grin to match her cheek.

"Hey, I prefer to call it 'taking my time'," he nudged her head lightly as he passed by her towards the crowded corner and picked up one of the boxes. "Anyway, I was actually hoping to put up the decorations around the house this year."

"Okay then, me and Roxas will do the tree while you do that," she nodded in reply and Axel ripped open the taped box and began taking out the ornaments, teddies and tinsel inside.

Xion glanced over at Roxas who's attention had gone back to the snow. Seeing how he was completely zoned out, Xion walked up behind him and suddenly put a hand on his shoulder, purposely startling him from his serene state. "Ready Roxas?"

"Yeah, alright I'm ready!" He exclaimed still in shock.

"Don't worry, we can go outside AFTER we've finished," she laughed. "Could you help me lift the tree in front of the window?"

"Sure." He lifted up one side of the tree and she lifted the other and they shifted over until it was in the center in front of the the window. Roxas then carried over and opened the remaining box of tinsel and tree ornaments and set them down betweem both him and Xion.

"Alright then! Which do you want to take, the top of the tree or the bottom? I don't mind either way," Roxas asked, obviously becoming more cheerful than beforehand.

"Well, since you're taller, you should probably take the top."

"Does it really make that much of a difference? You're both small" Axel commented with a smirk from the other side of the room.

"No one asked you Axel," Roxas yelled back over at him from over his shoulder. He then turned to look up at the top of the tree and with a pained look spread across his face. "I'll go get a stool."

For the next half hour, the two worked together wrapping the tree in tinsel, untangling lights, hanging up baubles and putting the ornaments onto the tree. There were only two decorations left in the box now. An ordinary bauble and the star for the top. Xion chose the bauble and was about to place it on the tree but-

"I think that one should go a liiittle more to the left Xion," Axel smiled, lounging on the sofa, legs crossed with a a mug of hot chocolate in his hands.

"Axel?!" Roxas exclaimed.

"C'mon, you're supposed to be putting up the house decorations," Xion said.

"Finshed 10 minutes ago slow pokes. You really need to start giving me more credit you know." He finished the last of his drink and rose from the sofa and towards the box. He bent down just as Roxas was and picked up the star before him, placing it on top of the tree.

"Show off," Roxas rolled his eyes but nonetheless wore a smile as he hopped off the stool, nudging Axel while doing so. The three stopd together in front of the tree and took a step back to admire their work.

"I have to admit though, you two did a pretty good job."

"Looks like you didn't do too bad yourself, judging by how THIS room looks anyway," Xion grinned as she gazed around the now very festive room.

"Oh, we can go out now, right?!" Roxas beamed, eyes practically sparkling.

"Yep, have fun you two," Axel replied casually, spinning around on his heels towards the kitchen, empty mug in hand.

"Oh yeah, that's right, you don't like the cold." Roxas's smile faltered.

"Actually," Xion began, a smile forming on her face. "The outdoor lights still have to be put up and since we had the bigger job and as you said yourself earlier, we're both small, that job rests on you Axel."

"Forget it guys, I'm not going out there," he grumbled, only half turning to face them.

"C'mon, quit being such a baby, it's just a little snow," Roxas teased.

"You don't even have to touch the snow. All you have to do is hang up the lights on the front of the house and you can go back inside. It shouldn't take you that long." Xion tried her best to sound convincing while picking up two sets of lights.

"Fine," he heaved a sigh, holding out a hand to take the lights in. However they were instead flung at him by Xion as both her and Roxas sprinted past him and towards the front door.

"Hey Axel, your tinsel's falling down already," Roxas yelled to him right before the door slammed. Axel smiled through gritted teeth as he left his mug in the kitchen and made his way outside with a chair.

For the next while, Axel made his way around the outside if the house putting the lights on display while Xion and Roxas first made snowmen but then after 'accidentally' kicking snow at each other about 5 times, it had turned into an all out snowball war. The two were making and throwing the snowballs as fast as they could manage. Xion fired one right at Roxas who dodged it just in time and so it ended up splattered all over the back of Axel's neck. He stopped what he was doing and the two watched as the pieces of snow turned to water in seconds and he brushed it of his neck. He turned to face them and if looks could kill, both Xion and Roxas would be dead ten times over.

"It was Xion!" Roxas blurted out.

"Roxas," she yelled, horrified at his betrayal. Axel kept glaring for a couple of seconds before changing his expression dramatically to a sweet smile.

"Do that again and I'll melt it all."

At that, the two deadpanned and grouped together in discussion. After a while, Axel noticed the out of place silence and turned around to check on the two but when he turned around, they were no where to be seen. Suspicious, he stepped down off the chair and cautiously walked through the front garden.

"Now!" Roxas yelled and as Axel turned in the direction of the voice, he was pelted with snow balls from both sides. Some got his body while others nailed him right in the face. Once he found his barings again, he started countering their attacks by shooting fire at the incoming snow to cancel it out. It was two against one, but he still managed to prevent most of the rest of them from making contact with him.

When both Roxas and Xion ran out of snowballs, they ran over and jumped on their taller friend, bringing him down and forcing him into the snow of them collapsed on the ground. Axel managed to push the pair off him and the three lay in a heap on the snow.

"You're both dead, you know that." Axel rubbed the back of his head while wearing a displeased expression, not admitting them see that he had enjoyed the ordeal.

"Hey Axel?" Xion asked, grinning widely.

"What?"

"The lights fell down."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!