Chapter 1

I walked through the Lost Woods. So much has happened in the last few months. First, I pulled the Master Sword out of the pedestal, then I grew like seven years, and the world was a mess, then I put the Master Sword back, and I was my age again, then I went on a crazy mission and defeated Ganon, and now I'm back in the Lost Woods, ten years old, dragging the Master Sword behind me.

"Play with me, little boy!" A Skullkid said happily, bouncing on a rock.

"Nah," I said, and I continued walking.

I kicked up a few stones. I wasn't sure if I would be allowed back into Kokeri Forest. I wasn't aloud there when I was older, but I'm younger now. I closed my eyes and continued to walk. I new the Lost Woods like the back of my hand. I could walk around here with my eyes closed.

"Link! Is that...you?" A familiar voice asked cautiously. I opened my eyes to see Saria looking at me from behind a tree.

"Hey, Saria. It's me, I'm back!" I said, trying to keep my voice sounding happy. I was a little. I was happy to see my old friend.

"Everyone thought you were dead," Saria said quietly.

"Really? Wow. Anyway, how's Middo? Is he keeping everyone in line?" I asked, trying to keep the conversation from how my journey was.

"Middo's doing great. He's actually laughing now!" Saria joked.

I chuckled. "So, wanna walk back to the Forest with me?" I asked.

"No, something weird's happening in these woods lately, and I'm trying to figure it out." Saria said, blowing a green lock of hair out of her face.

"Okay, don't get hurt." I said, and I continued walking. I hummed Zelda's Lullaby as I walked. I missed her. When will I get to see her again? Will I ever get to see her again? I mean, isn't it back to my regular Kokeri Child's day life?

A twig snapped under my foot, jumping me out of my thoughts. I looked around. Where was I? I never saw this part in the Lost Woods before. I looked around. The trees all seemed to be dead. Brown leaves clung to the branches, but the grass was a perfect green. The wind howled in my ears, but the trees didn't move. I took a few cautious steps. I scouted arcoss the grass to a rock with moss. Laying on top of the rock was a ocarina. It was beautiful. The ocarina was a dark brown, almost black, on the edge, and on the inside, it was gold.

I picked up the ocarina and fingered Saria's song. Should I play it? No, not yet. Someone's mouth could have touched it. I'll wash it off first. I ran out of the area, and turned around to look at it again, but it wasn't there. All there was was...trees. Perfectly healthy trees. Saria was right. Something weird was happening in the Lost Woods.

I shook my head and ran back to the Kokeri Forest, where Middo greeted me with a smile. Whoa, Middo's smiling!

"Welcome back, Link! You're house has been under great care by Saria. We were scared that you wouldn't come back!" Middo rambled.

I stared at him with an open mouth. "You're...nice?"

Middo laughed. "I changed now. I am the new, and improved, Middo!"

I gaped at him for another minute. "You must have drunked something weird." I muttered. "But, it's nice that you aren't going to push me around anymore!" And I left to my house.

I put the ocarina on the table, washed the mouth peice, and I blew into the ocarina. A screeching sound came out of it, and suddenly I felt has if my insides were burning. I cried out in pain, which only made the pain worse. I struggled to breath, and I could feel sweat dripping down my face. I heard a low laugh, and I blacked out.