The mobile unit finally stopped. Still not looking at the law enforcer, feeling defenseless I just followed. Notice we are walking on a very dark wide alley. My heart began to tremble. Cannot see anything, this is not a precinct! God where is he taking me? I am now terrified and my feet are wobbling, literally he is dragging me. Still it was dark, I almost tumble when I stepped on a sort of mount flooring or whatever. I am still in handcuffed.

“Stay here and don’t move or else……” he said it with a threatening tone.

I got shiver on my spine. Why do I have to be a trouble magnet? Gavin… I kept on uttering his name hoping he will just show up and again save me. I bolted from the blue and cover my eyes when a scratching sound roared and one by one spotlight were switch on. Then I realized I was in a god damn center of Fenway Stadium! The huge screen turned on, heard the blazing sound of “Dare You To Move”. I am speechless and turning round and round to search for whoever is doing this, in denial or just making sure. As if I do not know already. Again I nearly fell from the mount when the spotlights turned off and only one was darted on my direction. Then the huge screen began to show some letters, the song change to “I Believe” by Blessed Union of Souls and I put my hand on my mouth when I realized what it was…

W-I-L-L Y-O-U  M-A-R-R-Y  M-E?  M-I-S-S  M-E-G-A-N  T-H-E-M-I-S  P-E-T-E-R-S-O-N,  P-R-E-T-T-Y P-L-E-A-S-E?                                                                                                

I laughed at the last two words I turned around and he is now fast approaching me. All I did was cry doesn’t matter how pooped I look for all the stress and his frightening manner of proposing. He sure knows how to catch me off guard and sweep my feet after. He is looking at me keenly he is now on the top of the mount as well. Slowly he went down on his knees and opens the small box and I saw the simple and elegant but most precious item I will forever treasure.

“Megan Themis Peterson, I love you with all my heart. You are the air that I breathe and I will die if I lose you. So if you do not want that to happen and to clear you with all your “charges”, I suggest you answer only the sweetest 3 letter word on my question or else you will stay one night in prison and in handcuffs.” He smiled but can see him teary-eyed too.

WILL YOU MARRY ME?” he asked?

YES, YES I WILL MARRY YOU!” I shouted and lock him in between my chained hands. 

He stood up put the ring on my finger he locked me with his arms and kissed me. “I should remove this metal of your wrist before I will go feverish on what I imagine to do to you with these” gave me a mischievous smile. I hit his chest on his notion.

The lights turned on and can see all my friends and his colleagues near the players den cheering and applauding. Phoebe as the emotional one is crying while Ryan, Sam and Jenna are all in joyful face on her side. On cue fireworks lit up the sky. Wow this is so epic! I kissed him again and buried my face on my “fiancé’s” chiseled chest. I will be his. That thought put a smile on my face and peace and security in my heart. We continued our engagement party at a bar near the baseball stadium.

Afterwards, we ended up in my living room and had a very serious talk. We’ve decided to have a long engagement since I am still studying. I turned red when he said. “I couldn’t wait to marry you. I cannot take it if I’m gonna lose you. Most important thing of all, so no douche bag will lurk and try to steal you from me.”  I am so blessed to capture such a rare creature like him. Excited to be his wife and have kids running around. Hmmm… hope Nana is here with me. I shove the looming sadness in my thought. Stop it Meg! Do not ruin this lovely and heavenly feeling! chided my brain. I let out a smile on my face and cuddle this exceptional chap. All my pain and emptiness vanished. I could have happy ending after all.