Step 3: Dance With Him

This is dedicated to leena_nah14 for commenting first on the last chapter! Thanks! 

OK... I'm gonna make it short this time! :) Thank you SO much to my new fans, I can't tell you how much you mean to me! Thank you to the following people who fanned me and created characters:

reVITAlized created Vita

bluecandi created Sam

careless created Julianna

OK, at least 11 votes and comments from different people... I know you can do it! So, before you forget, could you click the orange button to the left? Thanks! :) Here is...

Step 3: Dance With Him

I sighed. Things weren't working out how I thought they would.

First of all, you-know-who wasn't here. I mean, we looked everywhere for him, yet we still couldn't find him!

Second of all, my friends were being a pain. Right now, Geena was talking to Sam, a friend of you-know-who's with brown hair and brown eyes to match. Sam was shy yet nice, and was trying to tell Geena that you-know-who had said that he was, under no circumstances, going to the dance.

Meanwhile, Ava was flirting with some random guy right beside me, and her constant giggle at his cheesy jokes was getting on my nerves. Eve and Karen were having a heated argument on a new song that had just come out with Julianna, an outgoing girl with black hair and pink highlights that made her stand out in a crowd.

And third... well, nothing had happened yet to be named the third worst thing. But I had faith that something would.

"Hi, Natalie!" Vita said as she walked over to the drink bar beside me. "I'd like a root beer please. No ice." she told the man standing behind the big, black stand. She angled her body to face me as she got a straw to drop into her drink.

"So, are you having fun? I know I am." She leaned closer to me and whispered, "Sam asked me out a little while ago!" I smiled, but the smile didn't reach my eyes, and she noticed.

"Hey, are you okay? You look a little... down."

"Yeah, I just... someone I was hoping would come didn't."

She nodded in understanding and nudged me gently with her elbow.

"That's too bad. But, there are so many other guys here! Oh look, it's Jake! You should totally go and talk to him!"

"Um, okay..." I said, and edged my way over to a boy I barely recognized. I thought he was in my science class and friends with Derek. He's one of those "cool" kids, a jock.

"Oh, hey Natalie!" Jake said casually. I sneaked a glance a Vita, and she gave an encouraging nod.

"Hi, Jake!" I said.

"What's up? I haven't seen you around lately." He said, I think trying to flirt.

"Yeah, I've been pretty busy." I said. A slow song came on and he looked at me inquiringly.

"Wanna dance?" He asked me and I nodded. He took my hand and led me to the dance floor. I felt his arms hold my waist and I rested my hands on his broad shoulders.

"Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road, time grabs you by the wrist..." Time Of My Life played softly, and I looked up at Jake. He was handsome, that was for sure, and he seemed pretty nice and into me. Maybe I could go out with him. I think I could like him as more than a friend...