Bad Day?

"August I came as soon as I could. What happened!?" I said all in one breath, my voice laced with concern. August has been my best friend since we were babies. His mom and mines are like best friends. Over the years I've developed a crush on him, as cliche as it sounds I didn't want to ruin the friendship plus I was scared. So I kept that to myself. Today August texted me S.O.S so I rushed over to his place as fast as I could.

"Niya, oh thank god." He pulled me inside the house, closing the door and tugged me into a hug. My face become red and breath stopped as he wrapped his arms around me. When he pulled away I looked down and coughed, trying to get my face back to normal.

"Niya you okay, you seem........flushed."

"Yeah, it's just cold outside."

His eyebrows raised at him as he spoke. "It's 79 degrees outside."

"Anyway...what you call me for?"

"Tasha.."

"Yeah, What about her?" I tried to keep my voice impassive, I hated her. Not because she was rude or anything but the fact she was nice and cool.

"She broke up with me."

My eyes widened, I don't know to be shocked or excitement. My insides were dancing but then again my friend loved, loves her I guess. I need to be there for him. Now that I look at him he has been crying. Eyes red and nose runny, like he was sick.

"Why, what happened?"

"She's going away to pursue her dream." He emphasized pursue. "And?"

"And? And she's moving to Italy." He said, slumping against the couch.

"Italy?! What the hell is her dream? Food."

"Niya."

"Okay I'm sorry, do you want to talk about it?" I said, taking a seat beside him, rubbing his back.

"She..she was everything to me. I loved her. She was perfect, still is. I don't think i'll ever find anyone like her"

"Don't say that, you'll find someone, someone better."

"But there's no better, I loved her so much. She's the most important to me, besides my mom. She makes me complete. I though we had a future together. I wanted a family with her."

After hearing him say that my eyes started to water. I pulled my hand away for his back and put it in my lab. The worst part has to be when he said she was the most important thing to him. They only been going out for a year.

"So that's what you're going to do?"

"Do what?"

"I come over here to help you get through this and all you keep saying is that you won't find anyone like her, or that she's the most important thing to you. How the fuck do you expect to get over someone when you say shit like that. By the sound of it you don't wanna get over her."

"It-"

"NO. It's tough love man. Everyone don't get what they want or who they want. You don't see me going around being depressed because I can't have who I want! You only knew her for a year and she's the most important thing to you besides your mom. Wow." I picked up my phone off the table and walked towards the door.

"Hope you get your shit together." As I tried to get out the door he grabbed my arm pulling me away from it.

"Niya what was all that about?"

I sighed. "I'm sorry, I understand that you loved her, but it's only been a year. I am not saying it wasn't serious or getting, but you're saying crazy shit and you'll never find anyone else like her. Isn't that point. If she left you why would you want someone like her?"