Chapter 3

(Kakashi's POV)

There was whimpering coming from Saika's room. I usually stay up late to read my Icha Icha Paradise books, the whimpering started around 1:00 am.

I rounded the corner of the hall and knocked lightly on the door. "Who is it?" Saika's voice muttered quietly, her usually strong voice cracking.

I pushed open the door and peek in to see Saika with her hair down. She was wearing my T-shirt and a pair of boxers sitting cross-legged on her bed cradling something. Kai was fast asleep on her pillow.

"You ok Saika-chan?" I push the door open further and crossed the room. In her arms was a beat up old stuffed panda bear. "Y-yeah... just a nightmare..."

I walk over and sit on the edge of her bed and pull her in for a side-hug. "You ok now?" I asked quietly and she nodded wiping her eyes.

I stood up nodding. "Alright then. Get good sleep. You'll need the energy." I left the room and crossed to mine and pulled off my headband and jacket. I was pulling down the covers when a knock sounded on my door.

"Oto-san..." I was surprised at the title she used. "Yes Saika-chan?" She peeked her head in, her hair falling over her forehead. "Can I sleep with you? Just for tonight?" She fidgeted looking at the ground blushing. I smiled and nodded.

She quickly padded across the floor and crawled onto my bed. I got in and pulled the blanket around her. She curled up to me and let out a sigh and fisted my shirt. I ran my fingers through her hair until her breathing slowed. When did I become a father?

#########################################################################

(Saika's POV)

I woke up at dawn as I usually do and realised Kakashi was spooning up to me. I blushed and crawled out of bed to go downstairs. (A/N THIS WILL NOT BE A KAKASHI PAIRING)

I walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge to pull out eggs, milk, and butter. In the pantry I pulled out cinnamon, sugar, and bread. I mixed the sugar, eggs, and milk together then heated up a frying pan and buttered it. Then I dipped the bread in the mixture then laid it in the pan sprinkling it with cinnamon. That my friends is how french toast is made!

I hummed softly to myself as I flipped the toast. I used to cook for my makeshift family all the time. Haku loved french toast more than anything! I shook my head as I made a plate of 2 pieces of toast and put it on the table with some syrup as Kakashi came downstairs.

"Saika? What are you doing?" Kakashi muttered as he came in the room rubbing his eye.

" I made breakfast!" I chirped as I placed my own plate on the table and coated it in syrup.

"You made this?" He said sitting down. I giggled and slid the syrup across the table to him while cutting up my toast.

"Yep!" I take a bite then stand. " You want some juice?" I walk out into the kitchen.

"We don't have any!" He called out to me as I walk in the room carrying a pitcher of orange juice.

"I noticed, so I made some!" I give him a closed eye smile and pour his juice.

I sit back down then look at the wall clock, it was almost 7:00. "Whelp! Gotta go Oto-san!" I took one more bite then jumped from my seat and ran upstairs dressing quickly in my normal outfit now with the mask. Then I jumped from my window running off forwards the academy.

####################################################################

CRAPCRAPCRAPCRAP!!!  I slammed my head into the desk when Iruka told us the test was on bunshin no jutsu. I can't do that! I sat back up and leaned on Kiba's shoulder. warm... soon I felt myself drifting off to sleep. 

"Saika. SAIKA!" I woke up to Kiba shaking me. "It's your turn." Nodding, I stood and headed into the other room. Automatically, I hated the white haired one. Call it a wolf's intuition because there was something different about him. 

I took a deep breath closing my eyes and made my hand sign. "Bunshin no jutsu." I whispered. After a loud 'poof', I re-opened my eyes to see two more of me in the room. They had minor flaws but were otherwise perfect. Iruka handed me a black headband. I tied it around my neck then ran strait back home. 

###################################################

"Naruto! Don't do that!" Sakura scolded Naruto as he jammed an eraser in the doorframe. I'd been put on the same team as the Pinkette, Some emo asshole, and the super exited orange thing. Don't get me wrong! I love Naruto he is helarious and brings light in bad situations. But Kurai dosn't like him too much. It must be the Kyuubi. 

"This is what he gets for being late" Naruto said backing away. "Our sensei is an elite jonin, do you really think he'd fall for that shit?" I muttered, moving to sit in the window. As if on cue, a hand pulled open the door. I watched in amusement as the eraser bounced off of.... silver... hair... "My first impression of you guys is... I hate you."  

"OTO-SAN?!?!?!" I yelled jumping up. " I thought you loved meeeeee!!!!!!" I jumped across the room into his arms hugging him. "Hi Saika." 

"OTO-SAN?!?!?!" Sakura shreiked hurting my ears. "Yes. Kakashi is my adoptive Oto-san."

"TO THE ROOF!" Kakashi said before poofing him an I away. We waited a couple minutes for the trio to finally get upstairs. "So. To begin, introduce yourselves." 

"What do you mean sensei?" The pinkette asked. I rolled my eyes. "Your likes, dislikes, hobbies, dreams for the future." Kakashisaid with a closed eye smile. "You go first Oto-san." I smiled at him then waited. 

"I am Hatake Kakashi. I have no intentions of telling you my likes and dislikes. As for my dream... I have few hobbies." I roll my eyes. "His name is Kakashi, He likes Miso ramen with eggplant, he dislikes tempura, fangirls, and annoyingly loud children. His hobby's are reading his pervy books and annoying the shit out of me. His dream is non-existent."

Kakashi thumped me in the back of my head. I whimpered with anime tears streaming down my face. "That was mean Oto-san.!" 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After an annoying fangirl, an emo, and a overly exited ramen lover intrduced themselves it was my turn. 

"I um... My name is Saika Ookumiyasha. I like to eat ramen and cupcakes. I dislike people who are either fangirls or emos. My hobbies included training with my pack and summoning them just to play pranks on my first family. I have only one dream, To finally be re-united with my pack and my family." I smiled at everyone then stood. "See ya at home Oto-san!" Then I ran off.