Chapter 6

The bear looked startled as Sophia looked up at him with a large grin. The young child couldn't contain her excitement. The big bear was practically a celebrity to her.

The polar bear looked around nervously, his black eyes widening as he caught sight of a man with a Nodachi resting on his shoulder. The raven haired man rose an eyebrow as he saw the child jumping up and down in front of the polar bear, his eyes questioning the him.

"I was going to ask where her parents were," The bear said sheepishly, causing the man to look around, while Sophia looked at the two in shock. He only saw the elder lady at the cash, who was watching the scene with interest. It seemed like nothing exciting really happened here.

"Oh," The owner of the store spoke, "She seems quite familiar. The kid with the protective parents, yup. I didn't know she was aloud to leave her house. Must've snuck out, yup."

The black haired man nodded, his grip on his Nodachi tightened. He looked at the polar bear, who understood immediately. Though, the two were interrupted by the child.

"Hey, you're that pirate dude miss Gilan was talking about!" Sophia said, grinning. The black haired man rose an eyebrow at the enthusiastic child, though he nodded. "That's wicked!" She seemed excited, "Do you guys have fights every day? Do you guys actually kill people? Do-" The child began asking questions happily, not giving the man any time to respond.

The polar bear and the man exchanged a look of confusion, though they made no move to stop Sophia. Though, a few minutes later a brunette walked out of an isle happily, her face turning into fear once she saw Sophia and the two pirates together.

"You crazy little-" She exclaimed, running forwards as she dropped the book. She grabbed the child's shoulders, twisting the child around to face her. "Do you have any idea who that man is?"

"He's some cool pirate dude!"

Alexandria nearly screamed, her eyes bulging out of her eye sockets. "You're crazy!"

She took a deep breath, roughly holding the child's shoulders. "I'm really sorry about her, she doesn't really think." Alexandria looked at the man and the polar bear, nervously grinning at the two. They exchanged a glance, though said nothing as they walked out of the store. Alexandria noticed the man holding two books, though didn't say anything as he left without paying.

As she heard the door lightly close behind the two, she turned the child towards her roughly. "That man was Trafalger Law," Sophia looked into her eyes blankly, "He's a pirate. Yes, I understand your parents probably say not to be mean to people, but he's scary."

Sophia blinked in confusion, watching the fear show in Alexandria's face. "Have you ever read a newspaper?" Sophia shook her head, "Well, all the time pirates are written in it. All the time. They do horrible things to people, and people can't fight back. They're strong, scary people. Not all pirates are bad, but the one you just saw is horrible. He's amazingly strong, and you're just a kid."

Sophia was close to tears now, while Alexandria kept her shoulders in a harsh grip, her narrowed eyes glaring into her own.

"Stay away from him."