"Atty, give me the key please?" I said, my eyes staring down the lock in a trance. There was a silent pause.

"I don't have the key. You do." Atticus said, as my head whipped to the side, looking at him. I definitely almost snapped my neck, but I guess that's cool too. I looked back at the lock, and it suddenly became clear of what the key was.

I rubbed my hands together, and focused. My body began to radiate heat, and I was afraid that I would burn my hair off. I snapped and a blue flame appeared on my fingertip. I glanced at the lock, and reached towards it.

As soon as my fire touched the inside of the lock, I heard the sound of chains unlocking, clicking and clacking. The flame went out. I felt this strange sensation of satisfaction, and smiled to myself. Was it possible to cook food with my fire? That's a question for Merlin to answer next time I see him.

                  I stared at the box as all of the chains and the lock fell to the ground.

                        Suddenly, one side of the crate busted open, and something blue came bounding towards me. I stepped backwards in fear, and got tackled to the ground.

                         "Please don't kill me!" I screamed, feeling frightened, and suddenly missing the cold feeling of Atticus's hand grasping mine. My hands covered my face as something was on my stomach, my eyes shut tightly. I wouldn't be surprised if my double chin had made an appearance, seeing as I was in a scrunched up position.

                   Something hot touched my face, and I quickly determined, that this thing was trying to kill me with fire. Little do they know, I thought to myself as I opened my eyes.

                     What I saw in front of me was kind of confusing. This blue thing was actually licking my face, and if I hadn't known better, I would say it was a dog. A very small dog.

                   I stared at it. It blinked in wonder and happiness, and I had a sudden urge to cuddle it to death.

                         It appeared to be a yorkie, but blue. Well, not just blue, but on fire. With blue flames.

                         "I thought hell hounds were supposed to be big dogs. Like a Rottweiler or something?" I asked Atticus, while staring at the small cute dog in awe.

                    I would consider myself a big dog type of person, but I've never had a pet before, so I found this yorkie incredibly delightful.
              Atticus approached us as I touched the flaming yorkie's scalding fur.

                          "Hell hounds are big dogs." He stated. And I took another look at the yorkie, as it appeared to be a girl. And very small.

                I gave him a blank look, and he chuckled.

                       "She isn't a hellhound per say." He stated.
                     "She's a type of hellhound. She's a lava hound. Much harder to get." He said, watching the puppy in amusement as its tongue licked it's nose. I kissed the top of her head, and suddenly felt a desire to cuddle her.

                          "What's her name?" I asked, wondering.

                        "She was completely formed when you opened the lock with your fire. So in a sense, you kind of created her. You get to name her." He stated.

             Wow. No wonder she was blue. I suddenly felt jumpy and bubbly once again.

                         "Her name shall be Christmas." I said. Atticus gave me a blank stare, and for a moment, I thought that he was gonna tell me that it was a horrible name. Instead, he gave me a nod.

                       "What's the reason for that name?" He asked. I smiled.

                      "Because she'll bring everyone joy." I replied.
                    "Or should I name her Leggos because if you step on her small body, she'll turn deadly?" I asked, getting an evil gleam in my eye. We both glanced at the lava hound to find her chewing on her flappy ear. As soon as she stops being a puppy, her flappy ears will go straight up, and she won't be able to chew on them anymore. Atticus chuckled.

                      "She doesn't look very deadly, so I would go for Christmas." He said looking at me. I nodded.

                   I was already feeling the joy of this splendid surprise. It didn't cross my mind what my mother would think of Christmas, but I didn't care. She would probably be a Scrooge about her, but all I could think about was how thoughtful Atticus is. I turned and looked him in his dark eyes.

                    "Thank you." I smiled genuinely.

+

+

+

+

+

+

                TADAAAAAA!! Hey guys, so that's the end of at chapter. I guess this can be like a day late Christmas special.
Surprises are fun. How was your Christmas ??? Hope you all had a wonderful time, and for my readers that don't celebrate Christmas, hope you also had an awesome time. ❤️

READ

VOTE

COMMENT!!!!