4. Diagon Alley

Maggie's POV.

We are riding so hard that I will be almost blown away. "We are going to the secret section," Heakrip says. "The secret wha..." But before I finish my sentence my mouth is full with water. There was a waterfall but it wasn't water. I spit it out and I am totally wet. The others are also wet but I think they saw this coming because they don't look surprised

Suddenly we stop and I get the feeling that my heart does that too. "What was that?" I ask. "A waterfall with a potion that breaks every spell," Hagrid explains. "Why was it there?" I ask. "Your parents had a safe in the secret section and well it is now your safe. It is a secret section so first of all it is supposed to be secret but when someone does find out we have the waterfall to make sure they don't get by these safes. There will always be traitors who will try to get in. We have to make sure they don't," Heakrip says. "But now I am wet! If we go back, do I have to go under that thing again?" I ask. "Yes, and we have to get passed a dragon," Hagrid says. "Let me guess, after this there come a fire rain or a hurricane?" I ask sarcastically. "No, just the dragon," he says. 

We get out op the cart and we walk further. Suddenly I stop walking because I see a huge dragon. He spits fire and I step back. "You have to watch out with him because... Well, because he is a dragon," Heakrip says. "But he is beautiful," Hagrid says. "Sure," I say. We walk a bit closer to the dragon. Suddenly I hear a terrible sound. I put my hands around my ears. It's Heakrip. He has a bell in his hands and he rings it. The dragon goes sitting in a corner and he does nothing anymore. We pass the dragon and we walk to the safes. Heakrip opens the door with the key but also with his hand. It is a beautiful door. The door opens and there is a lot of gold in there. Hagrid grabs some money and he puts it in a bag. When he is done he gives the bag to me. "That should be enough for school," he says. "I know I don't understand your money but so many gold is enough in every monetary unit," I say. 

We walk back to the cart and we get in it. "Alright, I never want to return here ever again," I say when the cart is going really fast. We go under the waterfall again. I'm glad my cloak is waterproof. But unfortunately my hair isn't. I make my hair and my cloak dry. I have the feeling I left my heart a few miles ago. The cart stops and I fall forward. "I really don't ever wanna do this again!" I say. I get out of the cart and the others do that too. "How is it possible that your hair is already dry?" Heakrip asks. "Well I was almost blown away," I say. "Yes, even I was almost blown away. Well, we have to go," Hagrid says and he pulls me away from the goblin. "Never do something like that again by a goblin. They sell your secret to... Lets say the bad people," Hagrid says. 

We walk again to the Diagon Alley. "We go to Olivander for a want," Hagrid says and he walks into a store. I follow him and there stands a really old man. "Mademoiselle Rosier," the man says. "Eleven inches, swishy, beechwood, dragon heart blood, good for charms. Your father bought it. I remember that day. I remember everyone's wand. Also your mothers. Ten and  a quarter inches long, Unicorn heart blood, Mahogany, good for defense against the dark arts. I have to say that the wand of your mother was in your family for years." He gives me a box with a wand in it. I grab the wand and Mr. Olivander says: "Swing." I do what he says and suddenly the vase breaks. "O my God, I am so sorry, sir!" I say. "Doesn't matter," he says and he swing with his wand. The vase stands there like nothing happend. He gives me another box and takes the other one away. But before I have anything done yet he takes it already away. "No, no, no, this isn't the right one," he mumbles. He walks away and after a while he comes back with another box. This is an old box. A very old one. He gives it to me. "This one was from your mother. She gave it to me. A few hours before she died. Your grandma gave this one to her for her eleventh birthday. Well that couldn't happen with you so she gave it to me for when you came here. It was a family tradition to give this wand to a child. I never knew the pattern in it but that doesn't matter. Try it," he says. There isn't a pattern. The child with the gift gets the wand. I grab the wand and I get a warm feeling inside. I swing it and there are coming sparks out of my wand. Sparks in the color of the rainbow. In every color of the rainbow. "Splendid!" he says. 

When we are done in the store, we go outside. We walk immediately in the bookstore. There is a standard package for first years. When we have paid it we walk outside again. "You have to wait here for me," Hagrid says and he walks away. I look around me. Well, this is boring. "May I ask you something?" someone asks me from behind and I turn around. There is standing a girl with long red hair and bright green eyes. She wears muggle-clothes which is pretty strange for someone here in Diagon Alley. "I'm new here and I have to go to the clothing store. Can you tell me where it is? The store is called: 'Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions'," the girl asks. "Sorry, I'm new here too. I have no idea where it is," I say back. "Also a first year muggle-born?" she asks. "First year, Yes. Muggle-born, no. I'm pure blood but I didn't had any witch-education.. I'm Maggie Rosier," I tell her. " Lily Evans," she says. "I'm back again there is Madam Malkin's. You have to get your robs there. I have to go again. Good luck," he says.

"Well there is the store," I say. "I got that," she says. We walk towards the store. "Can I ask you why you didn't had a witch-education?" she asks. "My parents died a while ago," I say. "After that I was adopted by muggles." "Do you know why some people are staring at me?" Lily asks. "There are people who don't like muggle-borns. Most of them are pure blood and some of them are half blood. But I don't care about that. I like you," I say. "Some wizards really make a problem of that, don't they?"  she asks. "Unfortunately they do," I say. "But we know better. They call me al blood traitor but you have to ignore them." "Just that you know, I love your clothes," she says and I give a chortle. We walk into the store.