Chapter 3

I sighed, silently cursing. This was going to be a hard battle and I hoped to all the Gods that I'd be able to save the child.

I glared at Gryla, trying to come up with a plan. Odin damn it. Maybe I should have come earlier with Ber and Matt.

Gryla ran at me, Going for the straightforward attack. I was expecting that so I dodged to the side and sliced her arm. It was a small cut, but it was sure to hurt. My sword was covered in a poison that would mortally wound magical creature and human alike.

Gryla howled in pain, glaring at me and then swinging at me with a club. I dodged, narrowly missing being hit. I poked my tongue at her, feeling childish. In return she bared her sharp teeth. ...eww, troll breath. I thought, wrinkling my nose.

She swung at me again while I was distracted with my thoughts and hit me hard in the chest. Oww... Odin damn it, stupid troll. Now you've made me angry.

"You know, I hate creatures like you. That kill innocent children for no real reason at all. The little boy is innocent and yet you claim he has been bad." I growled, glaring menacingly.

I felt the madness I'd been repressing begin to take over and I threw my head back, laughing maniacally. "Ooh, looks like you've awakened Loki. Haha, good luck defeating him. He's a god."

Gryla looked a little worried before masking her emotions with a glare. She stepped back cautiously as my hands started glowing blue.