~Chapter 9~

*Austin's POV*

I woke up think morning not wanting to go to school. I trudged around my room getting ready and once I was done I went to go check on Andrew, he was still sound asleep. I went downstairs and waited for my Josh, my step-dad, to get his stuff so we could leave. He dropped me off at school and I went inside.

Nothing exciting at all happened today. I hung out with Thalia and Persephone at lunch and we occasionally talked in there in classes. She asked me about my brother and I told her that he got home yesterday and he's doing good. She still told me if I needed anyone to talk to I could talk to her or Persephone. I wanted, no I needed to talk to someone. But I couldn't talk to either one of them because, well I needed to talk about her. The feelings that I am starting to get towards her are strong, I feel like I've known her for a while. It's just weird. I'll just talk to Andrew when he's awake.

The day dragged on; I was counting the minutes until the last bell rang. I just wanted to be home. When the bell rang I got my stuff from my locker and went outside; waiting for Josh. He finally came after 10 minutes of me waiting; I was tired and irritated.

When we got home I jumped out of the car and went right inside and straight up the stairs. I stopped at Andrew's door and looked in; he was awake. He looked up at me, "Hey Austin. How was school today?" he asked me. I sighed, "It was okay. I never did tell you about the girl that kinda like let me into her group and befriended me, did I?" He furrowed his brows together at me. "No, you didn't. What's her name and what's going on?"  I sighed and and went over to his bed, I dropped my bag down and sat down at the bottom of his bed, I looked at him. "I'm starting to like her, I think. She's awesome. And really pretty." I told him thinking about her. "And that's a problem why?" he asked me. I sighed, again. I need to stop doing this. "It's not really a problem, just I don't know." I fell back down on his bed. "What does she look like?" He asked and immediately starting thinking about how beautiful her green eyes are and how adorably short she is, "She's on the shorter side, has long reddish-blond hair, and pretty green eyes." I told him instantly. It was quite for a couple seconds the said, "She sounds cute. What's her name?" All her amazingness swarmed around in my head, "Thalia" I said softly.

"Wait, what did you say her name was?" Andrew asked, not as calm as before. I sat up and looked at him, "Thalia. Why?" "Does she have a purple, older car. Maybe a Nova?" Does Andrew know Thalia? And if he does, how does he know her? "Yeah?" I answered him, confused on what was going on in his head. "Okay, if I tell you this don't freak out please. I don't know if you will or not but just please don't. And no need to tell mom, she already knows, at least I think she does." He said looking into my eyes, hope filling them. I nodded my head and he took a deep breath, "She's the one who hit me. The one who insisted in bringing me to the ER. She told me she was a caring person, and I understand why now. She was really worried when she got out of her car. I told her just to bring me home but she didn't. And I'm kinda glad she didn't so wouldn't have had to listen to mom nag at me for coming home late. She's a sweet girl from what I saw that night." He told me slowly, so I could comprehend what he was telling me. Thalia, she was the one who hit my brother. Wow. 

I sat there for a while letting it settle in. "Hey, Austin. Bud, speak up." Andrew said to me while placing a hand on my shoulder. "It's just hard to understand all of this. Wow. Just wow." I said and ran a hand down my face. "Does she know that I'm your brother?" He asked me. "No, she doesn't, at least I don't think she does. She knows that my brother got hit the other night. That's about it. I'll tell her sometime soon." I said and got up off his bed grabbing my bag. As I was about to leave he stopped me, "Hey, it's okay. Okay, I'm not that hurt. I could have worse injuries. Don't be mad at her. If you're going to be mad at any one, be mad at me. It was mostly my fault, I wasn't looking for traffic because it was later and not that many people where out. It both of our faults." I listened to him speak to me from his door way. I was mad, but I'm not going to be mad at them. I can't be mad at Andrew and I can't be mad at Thalia, she didn't mean to.

I walked to my room and threw my bag on my bed. I sat down and a few minutes passed. I got up and went downstairs. I went into the kitchen to get a bottle of water and saw Andrew in there getting something to eat, "Hey, you going somewhere?" he asked me. "Yeah, I'm going to the park. Need to clear my head." I said and he nodded his head. Just as I was leaving the front door my mom pulled up. She saw me and waved me over to the car, "Hey sweetheart. You okay?" "Yeah mom, I'm fine. I just need to clear my head. I'm going to the park. Had an overwhelming day today." "Okay, that's fine. Just be home by 8. I'm making lasagna tonight." Ooohh, I don't want to miss that. "Okay mom. I will." I said and walked to the park about 15 minutes away. 

When I got there it was about 4:20 and there weren't many people here; just a few couples and younger kids with their parents. I walked over to the swing-set and sat down. I pushed myself with my feet after popping in my ear buds. I blasted some Of Mice & Men as I swang. One of their softer songs came on and I heard my name being called. I paused my music and looked up, it was Persephone and Thaila. I smiled at them and they came over and took the two other open swings by me. 

"What are you doing out here?" Persephone asked me. "I come here when I need to clear my head. Just a nice little place to come. I like coming here later because there aren't as many people here." They nodded their heads, "Now it's my turn to ask why you're here." I said while swinging slowly. "We come here sometimes and hang out and talk. Plus, the playground is fun to play on." Persephone answered. I nodded my head in agreement. We sat in silence for a little bit, then I broke it. "My brother, Andrew, the one that got hit, is doing a lot better. This whole thing has been stressful on us." I saw Thalia's eyes widen at the mention of his name, "Your brothers name is Andrew?" She asked, looking at me. I nodded my head. "Does he have hair like yours but a bit shorter and dark brown?" Another head nod. "Septum and lip piercing." "Mhmm." She looked straight forward and then back at me, "I'm so so sorry." I knew what she was talking about, "It's fine. Just don't let it happen again." I said with a chuckle. Trying to lighten to the mood a tad. "I won't let it happen again. I'll pay more attention when I drive now and not space out." She said with a small laugh.

The three of us hung out here and talked and played for a good two and a half hours. When they left they hugged me and Thalia apologized for about the hundredth time. I knew she was sorry for doing that. I'm not mad anymore, I guess you could say I'm content.

When I got home dinner was almost done and I went up into Andrew's room to talk to him, but he was asleep. I sighed and walked into my room, laying down on my bed. I starting thinking about Thalia again. Ugh, why can I not stop thinking about her?