Sorry - #4

We decided to talk outside, skipping our classes. Technically not me.
I was just wearing a jacket the same colour as their uniform, mistaking me as one of the students there. >~>

It was weird at first, walking side by side in complete silence. We sat down on a bench and I could hear her sniffles.

I'd only met her from a few days ago, and I felt so cherished to her... Although she won't even remember me. But that's fine as long as they're all happy to have met me. Even if I'll have to create new memories...

Even if I'm forgotten.
Even if I have to find my own happiness.

"Nanami, I've never met someone like you before"

She looked at me and gave a sad smile.
"That's why, I want you to be happy, take care of Tomoe and find your happiness. I can't be like that ... I won't ever be like that. In my league it's forbidden for me to be even close to happiness. In the future, you'll be a cherished God.. A God so amazing"
I smiled and looked down.

"A God that won't ever .. Be forgotten"

"Shina..."
My ears perked up and I looked at her.
"That isn't what you wanted to tell me did you? ... "

"Haha... You're completely right! ..."
I admitted, and looked at her in the eye with all seriousness in me.
"Nanami ... When I froze time, I made ..."
"Kurama pick his nose, I'm so sorry !! I knew you liked him but I'm so sorry !!"

I went down on my knees to beg for forgiveness, but when I did stop I'd feel a tang of regret in my heart. Why?
Because that wasn't the secret.

"Don't worry Shina! I don't like that jerk at all !!"
She smiled and helped me up.
"You gotta go, Tomoe will be angry that you didn't go to school just to wander around!"

I peeked at my pocket watch, and put on a fake smile. Nanami said goodbye to me and I quickly ran away without waving back.

~

It's like Shina, was in a hurry or something?
Why.

~

I quickly teleported back to my shrine and I let myself collapse on the cold ground ... 2 times already !?
Why?? This time it was earlier. What happened ?

"Maimaste, get me a peach pill" This time the pain was far worse than a prick on a finger.
"A-Aye Land God Shina !"
Maimaste ran off to get the peach pill and Katoharu came to sit me up in a comfortable position.

"Shina, did you use your powers today?"
I nodded and Katoharu showed a sad expression.
"Thank you guys once again ..."

"Shina, we've decided to look for a familiar.. Without one you can't survive for long, you know that your existence will die out if you don't find one! You have immense power, but that won't stop you from suffering and taking in the consequences you have to take !!"

They cried out to me and they started wailing in fear. It was so terrible, that the tension in the air was horrific.

They must really do care about me..
But they were right, I was one of a very few Gods to have survived, or supposedly still be alive without a familiar.

My powers too, had an exchange to when I used them. Controlling time was forbidden.
And making everyone forget was also too a sacred yet ancient power.
When I use them, I get very sickly and deal 270 times the pain in my body.

Peach pills won't even be able to control most of the pain. But half of the pain that's taken is still agonizing...
It's like piercing your own body into shreds..

It's so terrible, that even Gods fear me for having to deal with the pain.. But they had agreed for me to keep my powers, unless they were into good deeds.

I don't want a familiar ... But I'll do whatever it takes for me to stop this pain ..

~

I wandered around to meet up with Nanami again to get enrolled into her school. Hehe, me go to school??

Once we were done, we both headed back to the shrine so that Nanami could work on her divine powers with talismans. But a few moments later a small yokai bird had appeared to send a message ?

"Mm? Matchmaking? Hey! That's your job Nanami !! Haha!"
I peeked over Nanami's shoulder to see the envelope she had in her hands.

"M-Matchmaking..!? I can't do that !"
She wailed out and I calmed her down.
"Don't worry it's from Himemiko from the Swamp"

"What?"
She answered back and I gave her a thumbs up ! Looking at the sun, it was already evening.
"Sorry I've gotta go! Bye and good luck"
I waved back and walked back to my Shrine, today I didn't feel like teleporting.

On the way to the entrance pathway, I met Himemiko and gave a wave.
She looked at me confused since she hadn't met me yet but anyways, I've gotta head back!

Running the whole way to my Shrine I stumble across a white snake.
And with that ....

I trip over it, making me stumble and fall back.
Eek..!
"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!"
I apologies to the snake and as people walk past me they give me snickers, claiming that I might be crazy.

I pick up the white snake gently, and let it wander off to the forest.
It wraps it body around my slender arms and i kiss it's forehead goodbye.

"Bye, pretty snake !"
And with that it slithers off.

"Wow I'm really late !"
So instead of running back to the Shrine I decide to teleport instead.

But school is tomorrow... What do I do with my mask?

~

"Say Tomoe, what was Shina like in the past?"

"She's an unknown God, she's always so forgotten. She's one of the very few to have survived this long without a familiar. She is a Gumiho, a nine tailed fox and because of her Land God symbol it is very ancient. That is why she wears that mask"

"But Shina seems so happy and cheerful, yet ... She looks so sad when she walks alone"

My eyes widened and I stare at her in shock, how could she see ..?
"Because many humans forget her, she fell in love with one in the past only to have the human forget her"

"She's all alone ... Shina was holding back a secret she wanted to tell me.. I don't know what it is she's trying to say"

"... Nanami. You've met Shina 3 times by now. But you keep forgetting her.. You might not even have the chance to go to school without forgetting her. That is why you need to stay away fr-"

"No, i won't ever forget her !"
I look up to see Nanami's eye well up and I chuckle. Looking back at her I take her hand into mine.

"Than pray at her shrine"
If only one human could remember Shina.

I run with Nanami by my side.
Her hair was bobbing up down and she give me a closed eye smile and I look into her eyes dazed.

~

"Please God Shina, make me never forget you in all eternity let me stay by your side as friends ..."

Thank you Kamisama.