2

A loud buzzing jolted me awake. My eyes shot open and my hands frantically searched for the cause of the noise. They quickly grabbed my phone expertly swiping my alarm to silence and I let out a deep breath.

Had I just slept through the entire night? For the first time in months my sleep wasn't berated by the usual harsh memories that invaded my mind. I smiled at the fact that I had finally overcome such an obstacle. Then I remembered that I had to get to class.

It wasn't like me to be rushing around in the morning. I usually startle myself awake around 6am and have plenty of time to go for a jog and take a shower before my 10 o'clock class but my alarm set for 9am only gave me a solid 30 minutes before I would have to leave for class.

I grabbed a towel and rushed into the shower to try and clean myself of the stench I had acquired from last nights escapade. My happiness due to my full nights sleep pushed the dull throbbing surely a consequence of my binge drinking to the back of my mind.

I quickly lathered some soap onto my loofa and rub it over my body before shampooing and conditioning my hair. I then turned off the shower and threw my hair up into a towel and also wrapped one around my body before exiting the bathroom.

I glanced at the clock and cursed out loud because it now read 9:20 am. I pulled out a pair of leggings and a jacket to put on for class. Thank god I wasn't one of those girls who cared about their appearance. I was content going to school dressed comfortably with no makeup on my face.

I freed my hair from the towel but then began to braid it as I searched the room for my uggs. When I finished my braid I finally spotted my boots peeking out from under my bed and slid them on before grabbing my bag and rushing out the door.

-

I smiled as I made my way out of my last class of the day, English. A steady flow of students exited the doors and all of the sudden a hand reached out and grabbed my arm.

I flinched under the persons touch and jerked my arm away, it was a reaction I had become accustomed to. I didn't like being touched.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you," a deep and raspy accent said. I jerked my head around intrigued by the familiar British tone. That's when I came faced to face with a pair of beautiful emerald eyes. Holy s.hit the same eyes from last night.

I didn't know what to do now that we were both stopped in the middle of the hall and everyone else had dispersed and gone their own ways. I was shocked into place.

What did he need to tell me? Why did he need to tell me something with no one else around? Did he remember me from last night like I remembered him? I felt uncomfortable and began to think of a way to leave the situation.

He blinked at me a few times and then cleared his throat taking my silence as a cue to explain why he had confronted me.

"We uh, met last night? It seems that we are in the same class as well.. I uh wanted to thank you for giving me an excuse to go home last night. You see this girl, she uh wouldn't leave me alone! I handed her one drink to be nice and suddenly she was following me around. It was beginning to creep me out a lot. Then you spilled your drink on me and I finally got away from her because of you.. So uh basically thanks," he rambled on and on.

I studied him quizzically. The way his lips moved as his strong accent flowed was mesmerizing. His forehead creased as he tried to explain what he was saying. Every time he would pause and say uh his eyes would break away from mine and his hand would instinctually rub the back of his neck.

Why was he telling me this? We only met briefly and I didn't even know his name. I didn't even talk to him long enough to realize he was British last night.