Two Years Later

So, this is my one-shot for leigh_ Vanilla's one shot competition.

~

Daniel’s POV:

“Do you know where Nora’s party is?” she asked.

“Yea, its at that beach right?” I replied. At least, I’m pretty sure that’s what Flo said to me when Nora told her.

“Yea. Do you know how to get there though?” Flo asked, smoothing down wrinkles on her yellow dress.

“Yup. It’ll take about ten more minutes,” I said, grabbing her super soft hand. We rode in the silence for the rest of the trip. As we stepped on the beach, Flo’s hands touched my back.

“Piggy back me?” she asked, looking up at me.

“No,” I said, “You can walk by yourself. You’re not two.”

“Please?” She pleaded, her eyes wide. I sighed.

“Hop on,” I said and she squealed, “Just don’t blame me if the whole wide world sees your underwear,” and Flo smacked my head and I chuckled.

“Flo! Daniel!” Nora said, running up to us, with Lenny trailing behind her, “You guys made it! Aww! Look how much you’ve grown Flo! You look like a young lady now. Your hair is gorgeuos, but that hairstyle just makes it look hideous! Daniel! Look at you! You’re a handsome man now! How’s university treating both of you?”

“Hey Nora. Congratulations,” I said, as Flo climbed off my back. Nora squealed.

“Thanks so much! Lenny had Summer hold the ring and everthing and it was just so adorable!” Nora gushed.

“Woah, Nora, calm down. You don’t want them to leave right? The party barely even started,” Lenny said, kissing her cheek.

“Where’s Summer?” Flo wondered, not looking at Nora and Lenny full out snogging.

“I think she might be with your grandma,” I said, guiding Flo towards her grandma.

“Summer!” Flo scrambled towards her grandma as soon as she saw Summer’s head. I couldn’t help but laugh at Flo. She looked so cute, running in her sandals and dress towards her grandma.

“Hello Flo. How was university?” her grandma asked, but Flo was paying too much attention to Summer and didn’t bother to answer her grandma.

“Hi Mrs. Kennedy,” I greeted her.

“Oh Daniel!” she exclaimed, surprised, “How are you?"

“I’m doing well, how are you?”

“Good. It’s a bit lonely, living by myself, but Walden has such wonderful people,” she said, warmly, “Flo darling, your sister is about to make an announcement. You might want to listen.” Flo looked up.

“Hello! Thank you all for coming here! It means so much to us. Anyways, have a fun time!” Nora said. She opened her mouth to continue but Summer gave out a loud wail.

“Summer!” Flo scolded quietly. Summer continued crying.

“Come on Flo, lets take her to the parking lot,” I said and led Flo and the crying Summer into the parking lot.

“God, I bet the people who don’t know that Nora and Lenny have a baby must think that we’re like teen parents,” she mumbled embarrased.

“I would love to be the parent to any of your kids,” I said and she blushed.

“Shhh. Summer, don’t cry,” She cooed and Summer immediately stopped.

“See, you’d make the perfect parent,” I said and she blushed again.

“Thanks,” Flo mumbled, “Lets go back to the party now.”

“There’s no need to be embarrased Flo. It's cute,” I said, pinching her cheeks, which only caused her cheeks to turn redder.

"Want some food?" I asked her.

"Sure," she said and I went to the table. I grabbed a vanilla cupcake for her and one for me.

"Flo! Here you go," I said and gave her the cupcake. She gobbled it down.

"Smhanks," she mumbled, her mouth filled with frosting and cupcake. She looked so cute.

"You have some frosting on your mouth," I whispered and leaned down to lick it away, "Delicious." She giggled and stood up to kiss me. Flo's mouth was warm and tasted like vanilla. I bit down softly on her lips and she groaned. My tongue darted into her mouth and back out. Her fingers tangled themselves in my hair and I almost groaned. Ugh, we can't do it now. I went up for air and brushed a strand of her hair to the side, "Not now Flo," I warned and you could see her body deflate. I whispered in her ear, "But maybe later."

The rest of the party went by quickly. There were a lot of food and Nora and Lenny were really good hosts, they walked around and talked to each guest. Right before the party ened, Nora made another announcement.

“Thank you all for coming here and supporting us. In case you don’t know, I’m pregnant with my second child, and I hope you guys can come to the baby shower when its time. Now, have a safe trip back to your house,” she announced.

“God Nora. You’re going to have to find a wedding dress that’s loose now,” Flo mumbled and I smiled.

“Ready to go now?” I asked. She nodded and we climbed into the car. I drove all the way to the cemetary. The gate stood in front of us, beckoning us to walk in. I grabbed Flo’s hand and we walked hand in hand towards my dad’s gravestone.

“Do you want some time to yourself?” she asked. I nodded and her warm hand left mine as she went somewhere else. I sat down in front of his grave and traced the letters.

“Hey dad, I know its been a couple of months since I last visited, but I’ve been really busy. University ended a couple weeks ago and Flo and I bought some back some stuff from our apartment in London and we just finished unpacking everything. I can’t believe that I made it through a year of University already. Flo and I have a couple classes together, but we’re staying in the same flat. Erin and Collette are studying in America with Jay. They’re coming back in a couple days. Scott’s studying at Cambridge to become a doctor and he came back yesterday. Flo’s sister, Nora, just had their engagement party. She and Lenny, her long-time love, are getting married in August. And Nora’s pregnant with her second child. Crazy right? Anyways, it’s been two years since you left the world. We still miss. The ice cream shop is being handed to Nora and Lenny. They promised they won’t change it to a hippie resturant, so it’ll the same. I really, really, really miss you. Mum started seeing this other guy. He makes her happy, but he’s not you. I just want you back here. I miss you so much,” I said, my voice cracking near the end. Someone’s soft hands tounched my shoulder and I turned around. Flo sat down next to me and squeezed my shoulder.

Flo spoke ,“Hey Mr. Bolton. I just wanted to tell you that you raised an awesome son. He’s not like any other guy I’ve met and he’s just so amazing.”

“Dad, Flo’s a truly amazing person. I love her so damn much. She’s perfect in everyway possible. You’d love her if you were here. She’s so amazing and sometimes, I don’t even know how to express my love for her. Can you give me some tips? She’s so freaking perfect and she’s so amazing. Dad, I need you to see how amazing she is,” I ranted.

“Thanks Daniel,” she whispered and kissed my cheek, “He’s made mistakes, but he is still so amazing. So perfect. I would’ve loved to have met you.”  

“So, dad, its been two years since you passed. But now, two years later dad, Nora and Lenny are getting married, Scott’s becoming a doctor, Erin, Collette and Jay are in America, Mom’s seeing someone else and I finished my first year of university with Flo, the girl I love. And sometimes I wonder, what will happen two years later from now?”