I Would Love To Take You There-Chapter 1

I wake up and do the same thing every day, live the same life, with the same routine and same people. Well the few people I have in my life anyway. I’m not complaining. It’s not the most perfect life and I don’t have friends other than two people that I’ve known my whole life but I like my life. I like the way I live my life. I like the routine and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Today I woke up at the same time I usually wake up and I took a shower like I usually do then after I made myself some coffee and breakfast then sat down at the table and read the newspaper while I ate like I usually do and then headed to work trying to beat traffic like usual. As I got to work I began walking to my office having a quick chat with my longtime friends, Jesse and Gabe.

“Hey you guys want to go down to the bar tonight? Gabe buys.” Jesse said. He always likes to go out and have drinks. He asks at least 4 times a week. Gabe smacked the back of Jesse’s head.

“No you’re buying.” Gabe said. Jesse grabbed his red hair and rubbed the spot where Gabe hit him.

“Fine, I’ll buy.” He said giving Gabe a not so amused look.

“Then I’m in.” Gabe said patting Jesse on his back then they both looked at me.

“Yeah… I can’t tonight Harper’s Island comes on and It’s a new episode. I can’t miss an episode.” I said.

“You’re really going to blow us off for a show?” Jesse said looking at me with this weird look.

“Have you ever watched Harper’s Island? No? Okay then. Best show ever. I refuse to miss an episode.” I said.

“You sound like a girl; like that literally sounds like something a girl would say.” Gabe said.

“Yeah watch out, you’re gay is starting to show.” Jesse said and we all started to laugh a little.

“Yeah the gay guy wouldn’t dare want to show his gayness.” I said trying to stop laughing. We got closer to our offices and were standing out front of Jesse’s office. “I’ll go out with you guys tomorrow, okay?” They both nodded and we walked to our offices and began our day at work.

                As the day ended,  Jesse, Gabe and I were walking out the front building to our cars, ready to leave, we chatted for a little then I got in my car and left. I drove down the road listening to some old rock station. I passed the bar that I knew Jesse and Gabe would be at and contemplated for a second if I should stop for a quick drink but I decided to keep going on. I kept driving down the road and the roads were clear, there were no people out tonight. I looked down and saw my car was almost out of gas so I decided I would turn around and go to the closest gas station. As I got to the intersection I saw that there were no cars in sight so I decided to make a u turn even though it wasn’t legal. I drove back towards the gas station and a song came on I really liked so I turned up the radio and kept heading towards the gas station. I started singing the song and tapping my fingers on the steering wheel. I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket and turned down the radio and pulled out my phone and saw it was a number I didn’t recognize so I just ignored it. I was about 5 miles away from the gas station and 3 miles away from passing the bar. I started to hear a sound like tires screeching and looked back to see if it was coming from behind me but I didn’t see anything. I looked ahead and I didn’t see any headlights so I assumed that it must’ve been farther away. I started to turn back up the radio and kept headed towards the gas station. Just like before I started to sing the lyrics of the song that was playing and then I saw something shiny but I couldn’t quite figure out what it was so I started to squint but I still couldn’t figure out what it was until it was dead in my face and by then it was too late. All I felt was impact and my car flip a couple times then I passed out. I don’t know how long I was out but when I gained consciousness I immediately started to cough up blood and turned my head to see the other car on the side of the road. I couldn’t move and I felt like I couldn’t speak. I was helpless and that’s the worse feeling in the world. I kept coughing up blood and it felt like as the seconds passed the more blood I was coughing up. I heard footsteps and tried turning my head again but I felt so weak.