Olly AU

I always knew he was different, the boy in the woods. From the first minute I met him, up until the last dreading moment.

I was walking along the path in the woods, the first time I saw him. On my way to sit under my favourite tree and write, my escape. He was blond, blue eyes tinted with an adventurous green, his figure tall and thin and yet his was build still strong. He was sitting on the lowest branch of a tree just tall enough so his feet dangled above the ground. I stopped in my tracks, looking at him. I'd never seen him before, and coming from a small town, this was not a regular occurrence. As if he came from no where, he stared, as though he'd expected my arrival.

He introduced himself as Olly, his voice low, yet soft and comforting and I shyly introduced myself back. He hopped off of the branch, his feet barely making a sound as he landed on the hollow ground. He took a few steps towards me, taking a strand of my hair and twirling it in his fingers curiously.

"Such an interesting name," he observed, letting my hair dance between his fingers, "I like it." My breath hitched, unsure of how to react.

"I've never seen you around before," I reply, trying to resist making the shakes of each breath I take audible, "why?" Olly cocked his head to the side slightly, a small smirk tugging at the right side of his mouth.

"Because," he whispered, "I didn't want you to."

"Why not?"

"You're asking too many questions."
His hand drops the strands of hair and slides his fingers down my arm, picking up my hand looking at it, playing with my fingers and the ring on my index finger, curious. I should've  pulled my arm away, but I didn't want to. Something told me I could trust him. Maybe it was his kind and boyish eyes, or the way he seemed to be fascinated by my presence. I thought I could trust him.

"Come with me," He'd said to me, "I want to show you something." His hand grasped onto mine. He pulled me to the edge of the path where I dug my heels into the ground.

"I can't." I'd told him as he turned around.

"Why not?" My breath had began to shake again at the stare of his eyes.

"I-I," I stuttered, taking a nervous breath before finally spitting out my words, "I'm not supposed to leave the path." I'd always been warned about leaving the path, as though there were walls the path visitors safe and I'd never dared to ask what from. People, from time to time, would tell stories about the types of things that wandered beyond the path. Many of which I didn't believe in. Though I'd always made sure to keep both feet on the path and not an inch away.

Olly tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear, letting his kind eyes stare into mine. "It's okay though," he reassured, "you're with me." In that moment, I needed no more reassurance, for the vulnerability in me that he'd seemed to have taken control of. I couldn't help it, my mistake. I full owed his pull into the messy floors of the woods where he seemed to effortlessly step over and around branches and bushes in the way of our walking.

It didn't take long for him to find his way to our destination, and when we did, Olly let go of my hand and let me take a look at my surroundings. It was breathtaking. A small pond with perfectly clear water as dragonflies danced around the surface. The green of the forest was bright and lively. As though it was pulled right from a fairytale book.

"It's beautiful," I tell him, astonished, "how did you find this place?"

"I've lived here for a long time." He told me, turning to face me. My stomach dropped and the fear began to se over me. I knew what he was. They were soulless and powerful beyond belief. I should have been more careful, I've walked straight into his trap.

You see, people always believe that faeries were small and cute, with wings like butterflies and magic that helps flowers grow. This, is far from the truth. Faeries, they were persuasive and manipulative. They were selfish, when they wanted something they went to every extent to get it, no matter who it hurt and at this moment, I knew. I was what Olly wanted.

Looking right at his face, I began to back away. The kindness in adventure in his eyes had disappeared and I was stuck, looking into the darkness of what once was curiosity.

"You know." Is all he said and I swallowed the lump in my throat, still backing up as he followed. I took the next second to turn and run but to my surprise, in a split second, Olly was already right in front of me.

"You know the rules, sweetheart," He whispered connivingly, running the back of his hand down my cheek, "when you enter the forest, you belong to the forest. There is no going back." His hand ran down to my chin where he held my face up, studying me as he did before. I could do nothing but look back, to scared to even cry.

"Are you afraid?" He asked, barely audible. I shook me head

"N-no."

"Oh sweetheart, you know it's not good to lie." He said, once again cocking his head. I pushed past him, beginning to run again, this time he didn't follow me. Though his words echoed in my brain, 'Once you enter the forest, you belong to the forest.'  The world was a blur through my tear stained eyes and I realized that I have no where to run. He was right. There is no way to escape.

I now belong to the forest.

~~~~~~~
Weowww long time no see!!
Anyways, I tried something new with this one :) lemme know if you like it because I kinda do xD
Xx
-Sarah