25

•twenty five•

"Gabriella." Luke said as she stepped into the elevator. She didn't reply.

"Seriously. Why are you ignoring me?" There weren't the usual playfulness in his voice.

"You're overreacting."

She took a deep breath.

"Me? Overreacting? Why am I ignoring you?"

Luke raised his brow, slightly surprised that she finally decided to talk to him.

"Don't you think I deserve at least a tiny bit of explanation, Luke? I helped you when you were drunk with bruises all over your face, I was there when you saw something behind me and ran away when we were at McDonald's, and I even let charlene stay in my flat until 2. And you still don't trust me with whatever you're hiding from me?"

"But I'm not particularly hiding anything from you." He defended.

She sighed loudly.

"It doesn't have anything to do with you, gabriella! Why are you acting like this?"

"Why. Can't. You. Trust me? I thought we were friends."

The elevator dinged, but gabriella pressed on the Door Close button, not wanting to leave the conversation hanging.

"Why would I trust you?! How long has it been since we met? A month? Three weeks?"

She was, to say at least, hurt by his answer.

He didn't trust her.

Luke seemed like he just realised what he said. His face turned completely guilty by a second.

"And a month is not long enough for you to trust someone?! I just want to be there for you, luke!"

"I don't need anyone to be here with me, abby. It's not about me, okay? It's about charlene. And my dad." He said, a lot more composed this time.

His dad?

"Right now I don't know what you're talking about."

He sighed. "Fine, abby. I'll explain it to you soon, I promise. Okay? I'm sorry. But let's just get out and go to work first, yeah?"

She sighed and released the button.

*
Hellooooo readers!

Tell me what you think!

And don't forget to vote and comment! Thank you for reading! :-D