Part 16 ~ Victory Goal

(AN: I'm gonna start doing some POVs now. Comment if you liked it or if you want me to go back to 3rd person)

Jakob's POV:

It was almost like one of those cliche movie moments--when the entire world is clicked into slow-mo, and muted too, and all you can see is those silent shouts on the coach's furious face and the whistle hanging around the ref's neck, and you're just running in slow motion like nothing in the world could ever stop you. 

And that was me. Blood was pumping through my veins. My muscles should've been sore; I'd been running around for ages now, but my adrenaline was kicking in and I didn't feel a single thing. I was just light and sprinting through the grass field, working my way through the tangle of defenders, the football was just part of my body, moving with me. I saw the goal ahead of me and I saw the determination on the goalie's face, and I felt my foot smashing into the ball. I barely saw it fly forward, past the goalie's fingertips, and crashing into the net of the goal. And then everything sped up and the whistle blew, the game was over, we'd won with that narrow last goal 3-2. 

Amidst the fading chants of 'Jakob! Jakob!' I worked my way through the crowds of team members and team members' parents. My hand was sore from high fives, my cheeks aching from the constant smiling, but I was still overjoyed. I quickly detached myself from the crowd and heard a familiar voice.

"Jakob, that was amazing!" 

I looked up and saw that it was Mum. Dad and Mikaila were talking about something, but stopped their conversation when they saw me and each took turns congratulating me.  

"Hey, good job!" Mikaila grinned. "You won your team the game!"

"Thanks," I replied.

"And what's even better, mum and dad are talking about us going out to get celebratory ice cream!" Mikaila exclaimed. At that, I cheered, and mum and dad sighed but they were smiling.

"Fine. We're going to get ice cream."

"YAHHH!" I yelled into the air, racing Mikaila to the car. She was way taller than I was and in a proper race there was no doubt she would win, but sometime along the way Mikaila slowed down and allowed me to pass her and hop into the passenger's seat up front.

"TO THE ICE CREAM WE SHALL CHARGE!" I yelled. I got a couple of strange looks from people passing by, but hey, at the end of the day it's ice cream.

"One chocolates, two vanillas, and one coffee," Mum told the girl at the counter of the ice cream store. She actually looked about Mikaila's age, maybe a couple years older. No more than seventeen. 

A couple minutes later, with our cups and cones of ice cream we sat down in a small corner booth with padded seats. Mikaila was devouring her chocolate ice cream, Dad and I our vanillas, and Mum had coffee. 

"This ice cream is fuc--amazing," Mikaila caught herself just in time. Luckily, our parents were too busy eating ice cream to notice that she'd almost swore. I did, and raised an eyebrow. In response, Mikaila glared and kicked me under the table. 

"Fumazing ice cream," I teased.

"Shut up," Mikaila said, but she couldn't be too mad at me, and I couldn't keep it put because of the nearly-melting ice cream sitting in front of me. 

We were busy eating when I spotted a flick of blond hair and stood up.

"Where're you going Jakob?" Dad asked.

"Oh, um, toilet," I made up wildly. I stood up and followed the blond-haired girl until she turned around and revealed herself to be Max standing there holding a mint chocolate chip cone in one hand.

"Jakob?"

"Hey Max," I said.

"Hey," Max replied. "Nice to see you. I thought you were at that football game."

"Yeah, it just finished actually. Our team won, so, it's sort of like... celebration," I explained lamely. "The score was 3-2."

"Cool," Max grinned. "Is your family here too?"

"Yeah, back there," I  replied, pointing to the general direction of the booth we were sitting in. 

"This is a pretty awesome ice cream place," Max said as she licked her ice cream cone. "Has it always been here in Sydney?"

"Yeah," I answered. "It's kind of awesome. We--like, my family--comes here every month or so, maybe less often and have ice cream or a milkshake. If you're staying till the summer, we should come here some time."

"That'd be fun," Max smiled. "Back in Hong Kong there was pretty good ice cream but not as good as this."

"Haha," I teased.

"Shut up, you lucky bastard," Max joked. 

"Oh yeah, Ethan's your friend right?" asked Max. 

"I guess, yeah," I replied. "Why?"

"Well, he skyped me the other day with some pretty sick news. Did he tell you?" Max asked.

"No, but we're not really in contact that much," I told Max. "What'd he say?" I asked, trying to sound casual.

"Well, it's actually pretty awesome," Max's face lit up into a smile.

"Ethan's moving to Sydney."

Sorry I couldn't get this chapter done in time, but here is my Jakob chapter in Jakob's POV. I hope it makes up. I've been really busy with this tennis camp I've been doing every day and I was honestly so stuck for ideas on Jakob's birthday. Anyway, here it is. happy belated birthday Jakey! Hope you enjoyed, comment below if you like this POV thing. If I can get three more votes I will update by Friday (Christmas!) with an announcement!