new life.

My name is Stella Luna. My mother and I had just moved in this morning and yet I still manage to be the depressing person I am. "Stella come down here right now!" I can hear my mom yelling from downstairs. I sigh, struggling to sit up from my bed. "I'm coming!" I yell a little too loud than I should have. I race down the stairs to see my mother talking to a lady and some boy I'm guessing her son. "Stella come say hi to our new neighbors." I look at the boy he seems to be smirking. Why are you smirking kid. Maybe its because of the way I yelled from the top of my lungs.. I blush at the thought. I'll slap that stupid smirk off your face. "Hello Stella! Wow she's gorgeous!" The lady says. I scrunch my face. "This is my son Tyler, I've been talking to your mother and we've agreed to have him show you around your new school tomorrow. Is that fine?" I look at my mom. She gives me a look basically saying "you have no choice" I smile sarcastically "Why not?" I look at Tyler, his expression had not changed. "OK great! Nice meeting you stella we've gotta run for now, but please feel free to come by anytime!" They both swiftly exit the house saying goodbye. "They're nice don't you think?" My mom says handing me my boxes. "I guess so.." I head back to my room along with my boxes and start to unpack. I open up the window near my bed and turn on some music. "Who sings that?" I jump falling off the bed. I get up quickly and realized the voice came from outside the window. I squint looking outside to see a smiling Tyler. His window happens to be directly beside mine. "Are you ok?" He asked still smiling. "Yea yea I'm good.. this is Journey." I blush. "Journey? That 80s band? I like it.." I sit down on the bed getting comfortable. "Where you from?" He asked. "Cali.." I say. "Do you miss it?" "Not one bit" I look down. "Why not?" He asks curiously. " just cause.." I shrug. He nods. I mentally fist pump thanking jesus he didnt bother. We end up talking all night. Turns out Tyler is a really cool guy. He seems so happy but sad at the same time. For some reason it makes me sad.. " We should go to bed now. Big day tomorrow." He says I roll my eyes and he smiles. That sad little smile. "Goodnight Tyler."