Chapter 2 ~Welcome Home~

Maya's POV
The plane ride was perfect. The flight attendant was so nice. We talked the whole flight. Her name is Lauren. She lives in NYC. I kept telling myself, if only she was dating my father. When it was time to exit the flight it had been 5:30. I saw a man holding a sign that read Maya Hart.
I decided I would go talk to him. You must be maya, I heard the man say. Are you Shawn? Umm...no, he responded letting me know he was a friend of shawn's and was here to pick me up. My name is Cory Matthews. But you you can call me Cory.  We should probably get you home. I responded with, yea that's probably a good idea. I was silent the whole car ride home. I was nervous to meet my father. When we had finally gotten to cory's house I realized it was finally time to meet my father. To see first hand how much he's a jerk. Let's go meet your father, Maya.
                   Knock, knock, knock
CORY!!! Where were you today? That's not important Shawn. I heard Shawn's name and his voice and I fell paralyzed. I couldn't move. But maybe in that moment it was for the best. I need to tell you something. Yay man, what's up. Two words... Katy Hart.
Why would you bring that up again Cory? How long ago did you leave her? Cory...
How long ago did you leave her?  She left me fifteen years ago. OH MY GOD! I was so quite until I heard that my mom left him. He never left us. What was that Cory?
A miracle. What do you mean? Fourteen years ago a miracle was born. You have a daughter Shawn. She here in NYC. She's come to live with you.
Hi Shawn, I told him.
Welcome home, I, I'm sorry...I don't know your name. 
Maya, my name is Maya.
Well, welcome home Maya.