You Should Be Here: Cole Swindell

We made cookies yesterday, at your place. Nana was smiling, the twins were so lively... it felt right. I even brought someone new this year, to partake in tradition... I'm sure you would've enjoyed his quirkiness, Grandpa Chuck... It was so peaceful. No fighting, no fears, no tears.... we made meatball cookies, and sugar cookies, and then nana made little shortbread cookies (the yummy ones, with jam in the center). And of course, you know nana... a homecooked meal was prepared, all from scratch too... manicotti, it was delicious.  And I walked into the bedroom... did you know nana still has your picture, by the door on the nightstand, facing toward the bed? It's precious... I know she misses you.

Driving home... was interesting. When this song came on.... my friend was still in the car, & it took all my mom and I had not to cry. We both sang along... but it rings true. And now it's on repeat; on my laptop... on my Ipod. I miss you Grandpa Chuck...

So much has changed since you passed.... there aren't as many celebrations together as a family anymore; the 4th of July is almost too plain, Christmas is.. uneventful. Everything just doesn't feel right. And you've missed so much....

Sometimes I wish there was like this secret word... or passage... anything that could lead us to you, just to visit. But I know it isn't possible, apart from in our dreams. But... maybe that's ok. We'll all be together once again...

I love you ♥

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's perfect outside its like God let me dial up the weather
Got the whole crew here, I ain't seen some of them in forever.
It's one of those never forget it, better stop and take it in kinda scenes.
Everything's just right yeah except for one thing.

You should be here, standing with your arm around me here.
Cutting up, cracking a cold beer, saying cheers, hey y'all it's sure been a good year.
It's one of those moments, that's got your name written all over it.
And you know that if I had just one wish it'd be that you didn't have to miss this
You should be here.

You'd be taking way too many pictures on your phone.
Showing them off to everybody that you know back home.
And even some you don't yeah
They say now you're in a better place
And I would be too if I could see your face.

You should be here, standing with your arm around me here.
Cutting up, cracking a cold beer, saying cheers, hey y'all it's sure been a good year.
It's one of those moments, that's got your name written all over it.
And you know that if I had just one wish it'd be that you didn't have to miss this.
Aw you should be here.

You'd be loving this, you'd be freaking out, you'd be smiling, yeah
I know you'd be all about what's going on right here right now.
God I wish somehow you could be here.

Oh you should be here.

Yeah this is one of those moments that's got your name written all over it
And you know that if I have just one with it'd be that you didn't have to miss this.
Aw you should be here.
You should be here.