"I don't know Jadeite. Do you think our parents are battling again? We could watch!" The boy replied, taking some fairyfloss too.

"I don't think so." She pouted, "I saw them heading out towards the forest again."

"Should we go visit my grandpa's again then?" 

"Oh yes! We can stay in the park too!"

"Let's go! Towards the park!" He replied, taking hold of his friend's hand and pulling her along, laughing loudly together.

As the two children neared the park, the girl rushed forward towards the swings. "Look Neprhite! Let's play on these for a while!" She yelled excitedly, already clambering onto the seat.

"The park!" I suddenly shout. Asking a nearby shop owner where the place was - which resulted in me being forced to buy their products - I make my way towards the area filled with trees, wild Pokémon and hopefully my friend.

As I approach the greenery, I find myself walking straight towards the swings. I catch sight of a girl reading a book on the swings with a Chikorita resting on her shoulders, and allow for a mental victory dance as celebration. Casually making my way over, I reach the swings without her noticing, sitting down on the non occupied one. Jadeite doesn't seem to be bothered by this, and I eventually release Blade out of his PokéBall.

Blade nuzzles against my leg, but a familiar cry catches his attention as he turns to face his 'old friend who was stuck with him inside of a lab'.

"Osha!"

"Chiko!"

I stare in amusement as the two friends reunite and began to talk quite quickly, probably about their journey so far. I take a deep breath and finally declare my presence.

"Hey."

"Mmhm." She replies immediately, but after a few seconds, she glances up at me. "Oh, Nephrite. It's you..."

"Long time no see, Jade." I smile brightly at my childhood friend, using her nickname in hopes of reconnecting. 

"Uh, yeah." 

An awkward atmosphere rests upon us, and I rack my brain trying to think of a topic to start taking about.

Unexpectedly, she mumbles something that makes my heart ache. "I'm sorry for suddenly leaving you when we were just children. It was a sudden move to the Sinnoh Region, my parents didn't give me time to say my good byes."

"It's all good. Water under the bridge, right?" I beam, giving her a quick pat on the back. 

Jadeite closes her book and hands it to Chikorita, before starting to swing a little. "How have you been these years?"

"I've been good these years, yeah I have!" I hastily reply, mentally groaning inside at my pathetic answer. "What about you? Have you been doing well since your move?"

"Could always be better. My grandma passed away 5 years ago, and my family has been mourning over her death since then. I don't know why, I guess it's just that I never knew her that well."

I keep silent after that response, sneaking a glance at her remorseful face before changing the subject. "Sorry for yesterday at dinner, you just shocked me a little. I mean, it's been so long!" I try to keep my voice cheerful, and relief sweeps over me as she sends a smile my way. "I tried to follow you when you left the cafeteria yesterday, you know. I thought you entered the gym but a man inside said that no one had gone in. So, where did you go?"