Part 1~Hood

This story takes place in modern times. Garroth and Zane are nice and not shadow knights. It might take a while for Aphmau to be introduced but you'll know why.

Garroth's Pov

I was going on a jog to get my mind off of the homework. My music was blaring into my ears each step I took. I could feel the sweat dripping from my temples and down my cheeks. As a white blur caught my eye, I turned my full attention toward it. A figure was standing in a shadowed alleyway, staring at me. Their arms were to their sides as they didn't break eye contact. I have never actually talked to this person. Although, I have seen them many many times. We often just stared at each other like this. They were wearing a white hood that casted a shadow over their face so I couldnt make out the features. Although I knew it was a female, no doubt. Also, her long raven hair gave it away. She always kept a stern look. Never smiling... Never smirking... Never frowning... She always had no expression. Often I would just ignore her and continue with my day, knowing I cant find out who she is. She has been around for 4 years. What do you expect me to do? She's started to become my stress relief. I don't know why but... Everytime im freaking out or scared, she's there. Knowing that she's there is just a wave of relief.

I slowly began to walk toward her as she shifted steadily. I paused when she took a step back. I frowned at her as she stayed with no expression.

"Why?" I yelled toward her.

Silence.

"Why do you follow me? Why do you watch me? Why are you always there?..... Why?" My voice shot through the air as her arms lifted to connect her hands.

Swift movement with her hands let me know she talking through sign language. Im not the best at sign language, but I could make out a few words.

I...open...watch...eyes...heart...stay...luck...little...father...mother...girl...baby...safe.

I didn't understand. I couldn't link the words in any way. I stared at her in confusion. She shook her head in dissatisfaction and ran down the alleyway. I quickly chased after her, eager of what she tried to say. This is the first time she has ever even tried to communicate with me. I was slowly gaining on her but as I took the sharp turn that she took moments before, she was gone. I was stuck at the dead end and sighed. She was always able to do that. I began to walk back toward my house again, trying the link the words that she had told me. My brain was stuck and it was impossible to fix. I growled at my thoughts as I burst through the doors of my home, grabbing the attention of my younger sibling.

"Hood again?" Zane mummbled, meaning the girl.

"She tried to talk today..." I sighed back as I sat at the table with him.

"REALLY?! WHAT DID SHE SAY?!?!" His eyes shot up from his phone.

"W-well... She didn't really SAY anything. She used sign language." I explained to him all what happened and what she said.

"Sounds like she's getting comfortable to me." He stated as a smirk flew to his lips.

"I hope so..." I said in a harsh manor.

I ended the conversation on that note and headed upstairs to my room. I threw my phone and head phones to the bed and collapsed onto the bed next to them. I stared at the ceiling for a while until a light buzz drew me from my thoughts. I gave a grunt and picked up the device, glancing at the text.

New message: Levin (1)

G~Garroth
L~Levin

L-Hey Garroth. Mind comin over for a get-together today with us, Laurence, and Katlyn?

G- Yea, Sure man. Be there soon. Mind if I bring Zane?

L-Sure. He's cool so why not.

G-Alright. See you in about 15 minutes.

I leaped out of bed with another grunt. I walked down the stairs, phone in hand, and greeted my brother.

"Hey Zane. Levin wants us to come over. Let go." I stated loudly to him.

I could hear the shuffling of his feet. We began to walk toward Levin's house, erupting in many conversations. As we walked up the front steps we were greeted by Levin who led us inside. We all sat down on the couch and floors and chuckled at jokes and remarks. Soon a loud crash erupted from a room by the hallway upstairs. All of our eyes shot to the stairs as a white hood flew down. I shot a look at Zane as he was wide-eyed in surprise. An F-bomb was shot through the air.

"LEVIN!!! GET MY COAT!!!" A female voice angrily shot through the air.

"I got it." I stated, grabbing her coat from the stairs.

I walked up the stairs. Afraid of what I was going to find. As I walked through the lilac door I wasn't surprised. She stood there, once again. But instead, she was wearing a black hood. She growled at my presence and held out her hand. I hesitantly placed the hood in her hand. She walked to the furthest corner of room and pointed to the door. I frowned and walked out, angrily slamming the door behind me. I didn't bother talking to anyone. I just left the house...