Chapter 2 (edited)

This chapter has already been edited! Please VOTE and COMMENT!!

____________________________________________________________________________

As the bell rang signaling the end of class, I sighed and gathered up all of my stuff. This was another one of those days where I wanted to be in bed and just sleep. It seemed as if lately, these were the only types of days I was having.

"You ok Sel?" Chey asked me, looking at me with worry in her beautiful, emerald eyes.

"I'm fine Chey, I just didn't get enough sleep last night," I said trying to smile convincingly. Chey looked at me dubiously, but didn't question me further. That was one of my favorite things about Chey.

She knew when to let me be until I was ready to share. She knew me well enough to know that if she questioned me too much I would burst, which was never pleasant.

"Come on let's go to lunch. Mr. Hottie is probably waiting for you!" She said, winking at me, trying her best to distract me. Fortunately, her tactic worked and my mind was instantly on meeting with the "hottie".

As we walked out of the classroom together, my mind remained on the so called "hottie". I knew that my feelings ran way deeper than they should as his best friend. I'd tried to control my feelings, and even tried to smother them, but somehow they only continued to get stronger.

Shoving these thoughts to the side, I walked to my locker chatting with Chey. As I opened my locker and put my books away, I continued talking to her.

"Seriously? That's surprising! I never thought tha-" My voice cut off as something cool blew across the back of my neck. I shrieked in surprise and was about to turn around when I realized who it was.

Without turning around, I reached back and smacked whatever part of him I could, satisfied when I heard a loud "Ow!"

"Geez Sel! I don't know how I've survived all these abusive years with you!"

"You deserved it Chase! You know I don't like it when you do that," I said matter of factly. This wasn't the first time we had had this conversation.

I put away my last book, shut the locker door, and finally turned around to meet his glittering, sea blue eyes. When I playfully glared at him, his smirk only grew wider.

"It's not my fault you're so ticklish." He winked at me , put his arm around me, and began to guide me to the cafeteria. Little did he know that it wasn't the fact that I was really ticklish, it was just him. My body was hyper-sensitive whenever he was around, something that had become a part of my normal reaction to him.

I glanced at Chey who had began to walk alongside us. She had a cute little smile on her face while watching us. I rolled my eyes at her, and relaxed in Chase's arms.

Somehow, he always knew what to do to make me feel better without even knowing it. I doubted he even knew how much better he made me feel.

As we walked into the cafeteria and towards the lunch line, we were greeted with multiple choruses of voices directed at Chase. Not surprisingly, they were all girls who wanted his attention.

Chase, being the nice guy he actually was, replied to them all with a smile and wave. I ignored it all as I was so used to it at this point. Chey rolled her eyes alongside me and made faces at some of the whiny voices we had to put up with.

We picked our selection of foods and as I got to the counter, I began to look through my bag for money to pay with. "Hon, yours was already paid for," the lunch lady smiled at me knowingly.

"Huh?" I asked stupidly until I followed her gaze to Chase walking away towards the table where we normally ate. Instead of feeling flattered I felt slightly angry. I hated it when he paid for me, since he pretty much insisted every time we went out.