1: New Year

10! Nadine went back up on the stage as instructed by the stage manager. New Year countdown has just started.

9! James scanned the stage for Nadine, wondering why he couldn't find her.

8! They were separated during the last number as they had to exit on different sides of the stage.

7! Nadine saw Daniel claim Kath, Enrique swoop in on Liza, but she still had no idea where James was.

6! James saw her back first, her head was moving from side to side. He smiled. Obviously she was looking for him.

5! Where are you James? Nadine thought, when she felt someone tickle her from behind. She grinned and turned around. "There you are!"

4! "Here I am!" James yelled over the noise.

3! James put his arm around her shoulder, while Nadine put hers around his waist.

2! Together they yelled.

1! James and Nadine looked at each other, grinning. "Happy New Year!" they greeted each other, shouting.

Nadine reached out and took both of James hands in hers, then started jumping up and down as colorful vibrant fireworks brightened the night sky.

"Hold on, hold on! What are you doing Nadine?" James yelled.

"Jumping! Go! Malay mo tumangkad ka pa?"

"What?!"

"Jump!"

And because he was in such high spirits, he started jumping along with her, laughing, though he knew he must look stupid.

Then Nadine sort of skipped her way from celebrity to celebrity, dragging him along with her, greeting everyone in their wake. He laughed, enjoying himself, thinking "she's so crazy" but letting himself be pulled along.

Finally, when it felt to him that they've greeted every single person on stage, Nadine stopped, catching her breath. She turned to him with that dazzling smile of hers. "New Year's my favorite holiday."

He raised his eyebrows. "Really? You also said that with Halloween and Christmas."

She laughed, and when she laughs, she holds nothing back. "Grabe naman toh! Bawal maging masaya?"

"No, it's fine, it's fine. You're just funny, that's all."

The stage managers asked them to step off the stage as it was time for the post-countdown production numbers to start. Thankfully, he and Nadz were done for the night. James took Nadine's hand and guided her as they climbed down the stairs.

"You have plans tonight?" he asked her.

"Just home."

James feigned surprise. "Really? Going home on New Year? No parties?"

"Come on James, I'm tired, plus maaga pa tayo tomorrow for ASAP."

They reached their tent and Nadine went on to pack her things.

"Come with me," James said.

"Ha? Why, where are you going?"

"Just with Bret and Sam, we're hanging out at Bret's place with some friends, drink a few beers." He shrugged.

"No fancy New Year's party?"

He shook his head. "Not tonight. Don't wanna be nursing a hangover tomorrow. Like you said, maaga pa tayo."

"Okay, then sure, I could use a couple of drinks." She wasn't willing to end the night yet anyway.

"Great! Let's take your car, 'cause I didn't bring mine." He laughed maniacally.

"Sus! Driver lang pala kailangan mo!"

"Of course not! I can drive if you want me to." He dumped his used clothes in his bag. "You done?" he asked as Nadine zipped up her bag, slung it over her shoulder, and took her make-up bag. "Here let me help." He reached out for her make-up bag.

"I'm fine, James." Nadine has never been a damsel in distress, but James still never fails to ask.

"Alright. Let's go."

________

Nadine was sitting on the floor, playing NBA2k16 on Bret's PS4, laughing as she continuously beat Bret's sorry ass.

"What the fuck is wrong with me?" Bret said as he lost another game to Nadine, and buried his face in his hands.

"Give up na kasi," Nadine said.

"Yeah man. Accept defeat." James seconded.

Bret threw up his hands. "Fine! You are the queen of PS4, Ms. Nadine Lustre." He pretended to be taking off a crown on his head and transferring it to Nadine's head. Nadine stood up and started waving regally. "Thank you, thank you. I would like to thank all of my fans, nothing of this would be possible without you. My parents, who bought me my first ever Play Station. And of course, Bret, for daring to play against me without knowing what he was getting into."

Bret slumped on the couch beside James. "She's crazy," he said.

"I know," James replied as Nadine slumped on James' other side.

"How can you take it?" Bret asked.

"Wow ha!" Nadine laughed. "Grabe toh, natalo lang." She took her beer, then realized it was already empty. "Do you have beer pa?"

Bret pointed. "In the fridge in the kitchen."

Nadine stood up to go to the kitchen, while James stood up too. "I'll go with you, I'm out too. Any other takers?"

Lauren, Sam and Tom raised their hands.

James went to Nadine who was already by the fridge, holding out a beer with her back to him. He took it and put the beer on the counter. "4 more."

Nadine took 4 more beers from the freezer, which he took, 2 beers on each hand. Her shirt rode up a bit each time and he could see a hint of her smooth stomach. He bit his lip, then put the 4 beers he was holding on the counter.

When she turned around, James had one hand on the open fridge door and another hand on the side of the fridge, locking Nadine in. She looked up at him, surprised. He stared right back, his eyes unsure, but determined.

"James?"

"Nadine..." he whispered, right before he put his hands on both sides of her face and claimed her mouth with his.

A/N: This is not a oneshot, but I don't know yet how long this story will go. Enjoy!