10 | Dinner Date

September 4, Friday, 11:56pm

"Where are your shoes?" he asked. Funny how those were the first words out of his mouth after that. The inside of his mind was fireworks and muddled thoughts, but those words just came out involuntarily.

But he'd just kissed Castiel. Or, rather, Castiel had just kissed him. This couldn't be real. He hadn't done anything! Not a single living soul knew about his true feelings towards Castiel. Sure, Lisa had her suspicions but she didn't know, and Dean was 99% confident that she hadn't shared those suspicions with anybody.

It didn't make sense for Castiel to do this. Had Dean been obvious? Was he no longer as good at hiding his emotions as he used to be? Butterflies were in his stomach and he felt as if his face was on fire. His cheeks were beginning to hurt from smiling so he bit down on his tongue as he watched Castiel look down at his feet.

"I can't remember," Castiel muttered with a smile on his lips as he wiggled his toes. Dean thought he could just stare at him for ages, but then in the still night he heard a car engine purring. He couldn't tell how far away, and he couldn't tell who it was, but he panicked anyway.

"Son of a bitch. Inside," he said as he pulled Castiel roughly inside. Just as he went to close the door, he noticed that goddamn Gabriel was out there too. Halfway down the front lawn.

"Gabriel!" Dean hissed, leaning over but not stepping out. If Castiel wanted to strut about onn the grass in his socks, that was fine, but Dean was above that. "Gabriel get in here!"

And Gabriel did get in there, even going to the liberty to shut the door behind them, just as the car appeared at the bottom of the street.

"Dean, what--?!"

"Doesn't matter," Dean said, silencing his little brother who'd appeared behind the TV. Dean felt his face heat up again and he hoped to God that Sam hadn't seen anything. Sam watched helplessly as Dean guided the drunken siblings past him, down the hallway to Dean's room.

"Dean--"

"Shut your cake hole, Sammy! You shouldn't even be up, go to bed,"

"But--"

Then the front door opened and John Winchester walked in. For a moment Dean froze, but then he pulled himself together and practically dived into the room after Castiel and Gabriel. Castiel was sitting on the floor, back against Dean's bed as his eyes began to droop. Gabriel was standing close to Dean doing absolutely nothing.

Dean stared at them, completely bewildered. He was still trying to wrap his head around what just happened, when John began hammering on his door.

"You alright, son?" he called, voice muffled through the door. Dean pivoted round and opened the door a crack.

"Don't feel too good," he said with a frown as he began to push himself through the crack. John watched him liked he was crazy and backed up, making room for Dean. Once he was all the way out he kicked the door shut behind him and went to the bathroom door opposite.

"Just gonna wash my face," he said, laughing nervously to try and assure his father was everything was A-okay coolio beans.

"Good idea, you're looking kind of flushed there," John said amusedly. Dean held his stare for a moment, wishing for him to just walk away from his bedroom door. But John didn't budge, so Dean plastered on a smile again and closed the bathroom door.

After splashing his face with some cool water, he went back out into the hallway and looked both ways. The coast was clear. After jumping across the narrow hallway and into his room once again, he found the brothers in the exact same spots he'd left them. He vaguely felt like he was babysitting a pair of toddlers.