Chapter 43

Fix a heart

Chapter 43

"I saw in the corner there is a photograph, no doubt in my mind its a picture of you. It lies there alone in its bed of broken glass, this bed was never made for two." -Harry Styles

Blair's POV:

My breath was hitched in my throat and I couldn't breath.

The little square box in my hand felt like it weighed a thousand pounds. The first thing I thought was, was I supposed to find this?

I stumble upon my feet as I turn around to face Harry, my hands shaking, the jewelry box almost falling from my hands.

"I- I..." I stumble over my words, not seeming to be able to form a coherent sentence.

Harry sits up in the bed more, his eyes glued to me which only makes it harder to breath. "Do you know what that is?" He asks me.

I nod my head, swallowing hard as he stands up. I could hear my heart pounding in my ears. My vision falls to the floor, and I could feel his overwhelming presence in front of me without having to look. As I look down at our feet placed on my bedroom carpet I can see how close he actually is, his feet almost touching mine. My thumb rubs over the soft material of the box, gulping as a long finger lifts my chin.

Green eyes look into mine curiously, probably wanting to know what's running through my mind. And if you want, I could tell you.

Nervousness, excitement, happiness, and.....maybe a little bit of fear. A girl has always dreamed of this moment, and I seem to be frozen with nerves.

"It's a ring."

His voice makes my lips twitch up a little at the corners, bravely holding eye contact with him. He slowly leans in until his forehead is touching mine, his gaze now locked onto the box in my hands. His fingers graze over mine, guiding me in lifting the lid open with his help. I wanted to jump up and down in place, and I wanted to throw up. But instead, I stare at the diamond ring nestled in the box being held with both our fingers.

"Marry me." He says softly into the short distance between us, my heart rate speeding up at even the word 'marry'.

I instantly wanted to scream yes and throw my arms around him, but I still couldn't force words from my mouth, swallowing to moisten my dry throat.

"Marry me, Blair." His words were just above a whisper as he nudges my nose with his, the instant nod of my head making him breath out in relief, the box with the ring in it being smushed between our bodies as he pulls me into him; until I pry my arms free to cling to him.

"I'm yours." I whisper, nodding my head against his bare chest.

"I'll marry you."

The words barely left my mouth before his hands grip my face softly, guiding my lips to his for a slow, meaningful kiss. When we pull away I laugh happily, watching as he retrieves the ring, setting the box on my nightstand before turning back to me. He hold out his hand, and I knew what he wanted. I place my left hand in his, my eyelashes fluttering to hold back the happy tears as he easily slips the ring, or, my ring onto my finger.

Sadie's POV:

I didn't waste any time in parking my car in the hotel parking lot, a wide grin plastering my lips as I watch Liam jog across the street. Two weeks away from this boy is just too long. My feet start to move me towards him as he continues to jog towards me, squealing happily as he embraces me into his arms.

"God I missed you." Liam laughs into my neck, his nose nudging my jaw before kissing my lips. I place my hands on either side of his face as our lips disconnect, only to pepper small kisses to the corners on his lips and cheeks.