Photo Editing Part I

99.9% of you will probable never need this, since you are often able to find your desired picture. But in this case, a girl in NyxAbsol's Whispers in the Dark cover I made, I had trouble finding the girl I needed. I could have chosen a girl from Google or any other place without editing it, but I wanted it to be exact. Look at the media for a visual of the steps.

If you don't have SuperImpose, the following instructions will be hard to understand:

To Slightly Alter the Face (Eyes, Mouth, Et Cetera)

1) Choose a picture close enough to resemble what the character is suppose to look like.

2) Choose another picture with a desired trait that you need for your character. (Tip: It will be a lot easier if both pictures were in the same perspective, like both characters in the picture are looking left.)

3) Put the first picture as a background and the second as foreground, and position it and choose a blend mode. When choosing a blend mode, make sure that the old trait has to be completely covered or unnoticeable.

4) Erase all the unneeded background of the second picture, leaving only the trait. Keep in mind that it has to look natural or close enough to look as though the picture wasn't edited.

5) If needed, add effects to make it closer to natural and blended.

For changing colors (of Hair, Eyes, Et Cetera)

1) There are two choices: Get a recoloring app (like Color Effects, but you have to pay for that option now) or use an editing app (like I did with superimpose).

2) If you are using SuperImpose, place a solid color of your choice as the foreground and the picture you're altering as the background.

3) Use a blend mode (Color is the best choice, Hue also works for some colors such as blue). Then turn down the fade until the hair color looks the most natural and still keep the desired color.

4) Once satisfied, erase all the unneeded areas until you are only left with the part you wanted to change the color of. (If the color is not noticeable or the shade of color you want, add more foreground)

For the last picture, I had used picsart to get that kind of effect.

Keep in mind that not everyone is good at editing, and it will take probably longer than the actual cover. I had a lot of practice (and too much free time) so I am a little more "experienced". This isn't a needed step, more of an option.

(Also, I don't know how the girl's hair turned from blue to red... Absolutely null)