Part 16 - Love

When you awoke you were lying on your cot. Slowly sitting up you let your feet sway off and lightly hit the ground floor. Carefully you stood not wanting to over do it since you felt extremely sore from how you fell asleep. Suddenly it all came back to you Legolas he was in the infirmary. You couldn't help him and you let the others see your weakened state, how could you ever help Legolas run a kingdom if you couldn't keep a hold on your own emotions. Sighing you pulled on a white medic garb that had been left out for you, obviously they had discarded the one that was covered in blood. You took a deep breath as you left your tent. People looked at you with concern and something else but you couldn't really tell what it was. Heading forward you walked straight for the infirmary or at least as good as an infirmary could be on a battle field. Stepping in the smell of iron made you feel sick but you kept moving forward looking at each bed hoping to see your husband among his fallen comrades. "Milady?" a small voice came from behind you making you jump what felt like 10 feet in the air. Turning you looked at the young medic, you had seen her before you just couldn't place where. "Milady the young lord was moved to a different room so he couldn't get any worse. You can follow me if that is alright with you milady or I can get someone else," the young blond girl kept her head bowed not even looking you in the eye. "No that's fine and you don't have to keep your head bowed for me," you said smiling brightly. She looked up at you as a small smiled graced her thin lips. She began to walk towards the back of the tent with you hot on her heals(see that pun there punny ain't it? I'm sorry never again....(T-T)). Pulling back a curtain a medium sized cot laid in the middle of the room. Running forward you dropped to your knees next to your husband. He was sleeping, his breathing was shallow while his chest rose and fell you held his hand feeling how warm it was. Legolas' eyes slowly opened, "(Y/n) why are you crying?". You wiped away the tears while pushing your hair behind your ears. You shook your head and just smiled at him not trusting yourself to speak without crying more. "Love...love you" you whispered. "I love you as well (Y/n)," Legolas smiled back you.