Ew Gross. 

"Shutup" George mummbled, getting frustrated with the two "Stop talking about Blakely's looks. Shes more then that and you know it" 

"and you dont like her" The two chuckled, not believing his statement.

I tip-toed back up the stairs and slid on my bright green heels. Clicking down the steps, I made sure they could hear my enterance. 

"Alright, lets go" I stated, hitting the last step. 

Twirling around in a circle I mimicked the Beauxbaton girls from the Welcome Back feast. 

"Should have joined when I had the chance. Im practically a pro" I winked up at George who was still towering over me even with heels on.

Meeting the rest of the Gryffindor's in the Great Hall, Professor McGonagall spoke to us about this thing call "The Yule Ball" 

"Now to dance, is to let the body breathe. Inside every girl there is a swan, Inside every boy, a loardly lion. Mr. Weasley, please join me." McGonagall held out her hand for Ron to take. 

"Now place your hand on my waist" She instructed. 

"Where!" Ron exclaimed, horror etched on his face. 

"My waist" 

The music started and Professor McGonagall started to count the steps. Ron was a horrid dancer and I had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing. 

"Come together" McGonagall stated, waving toward both sides of the room. 

Standing up, I shuffled around the room awkwardly waiting for someone to ask me or for my tragic sudden death. 

Which ever one came first. 

"Carter, you look like you can at least dance half decent" Draco said, holding out his hand for me to take. 

"Ah why not" I shrugged, chuckling with him. 

Waltzing around the room, Draco wasn't bad at all. 

"Someone's light on their feet" I smiled. 

"You aren't so bad yourself Carter" He said, picking me up and spinning. "Saved me from having to dance with someone like muggle-born Granger" 

Shaking my head, I looked at him shocked he would say such a thing. 

"Draco, Im muggle-born" I stated. 

Stopping, he dropped his hands from me like I was on fire. 

"What does that matter?" I asked, confused by this actions. 

"Because you're filth! No wonder you ended up in Gryffindor, you're nothing but Mudblood trash" He sneered. 

His words cut through me like a knife. I knew what a "Mudblood" was and what it ment, I just was never called that before. Tears were falling from my eyes and I couldn't stop the emotions that were coarsing through me. 

"Aw poor little mudblood finally learning how worthless she really is" He teased. "No wonder your father disapeared, knew all about his disapointment of a daughter before you were even born" 

My heart ripped from his words and I ran through the middle of the dancing crowd. 

Holding my mouth and my side, I shoved passed George and Fred, Hermione and Ron, Harry and Ginny, all the way out the door. 

I didn't stop till I reached the common room and stummbled in through the portrait. 

Throwing my shoes off, I fell to the ground in a sobbing heap. 

I haven't talked about my father in years and everytime he's brought back up, it's like rubbing salt into a fresh cut. 

The truth is, I could be a half-blood witch but my father never truely came out and said he was a wizard. There were only ever clues. 

He dissapeared before I was born and I never bothered to look for him. 

Why want someone who didn't even want me. 

Hot tears ran down my face in rivers, as I leaned forward with my head in my hands. My legs curled up underneith me. 

Why did he have to leave us? 

Was it me? 

Anger bubbled up inside of me and I pounded my fists on the ground letting my head fall with them. 

"Why did you do this to me" I whispered inbetween sobs. 

Hearing the door open, I didn't bother to lift my head up. What was the point. 

Feeling strong arms grab ahold of me, they wrenched me upward. 

My face was soaked with tears and my hair stuck to the skin of my cheeks. 

"What's wrong? What happened?" George's face was a mix of concern and anger. 

Gently, he pulled the stray hair behind my ears and caught my face inbetween his hands. 

Finally looking up into his eyes, my lip quivered with a new set of tears. 

"George"  hugging him to me tightly, I cried into his neck. 

We sat that way till my eyes ran dry and the only sound I was making was small gasping noises. 

He held me on his lap the whole time, stroking my hair softly and whispering calming words in my ear. 

Pulling away from his neck, I looked to see the clock was just now striking 6. 

"I don't want you to miss dinner" I mumbled, pointing at the clock. 

"and I don't want to leave you" He stated, wiping away tears from my cheeks. "What happened?" 

Standing, he pulled me next to him on the couch. 

"Malfoy asked me to dance with him during McGonagall's lesson and I agreed. Then he said something about me saving him from muggleborns and I told him I was a muggleborn. He told me I was filth" Georges jaw clenched and I debated on telling him the rest. 

"Go on" He muttered. 

"He said I was mudblood trash and my father...................He left us.......because of me" I whispered unable to repeat it without letting a few tears escape. 

Before I could even blink, George was ripping his wand out and storming toward the door. 

"George stop!" I exclaimed, standing up from the couch. 

"No, Blakely. And don't ask me to calm down because I will not bloody well calm down! You aren't any of those things! How dare he talk to you like that and think he could get away with it? That git deserves to be hexed into the next century for what he said! When im done with him, he won't even know his last name let alone what muggleborn means" George fummed, turning back toward the door. 

I knew that if I didn't stop him now, he would get expelled for nearly killing another student. 

"Stop George!" 

"Blakely, what did I say? Don't tell me to stop" He demanded, frusterated with me. 

"George Weasley, I need you!" I screamed at his back. 

Stopping in his tracks, he turned back toward me with a look of defeat on his face. 

"I need you" I said again, lacing his fingers with mine. 

Coaxing him back to the couch, I leaned my head against his shoulder and curled up. 

Drifting off to sleep, the last thing I thought was, this had to be more than a crush.