Into the Wild & Down the Rabbit Hole

Start from the beginning

"Also Bonnie's grandmother, Lexi, Mason and Vicky just to name a few would also still be alive if it hadn't have been for Damon Salvatore's obsession with doppelgangers. Tyler and you would all be normal humans if the Salvatore's weren't so obsessed with keeping Elena from the big bad Klaus. Also lets not forget if Bonnie didn't wake my lovely mother in law, her mother wouldn't be a vampire and your beloved history teacher would be alive and kicking, so would my dearly departed brother Finn and his love Sage so that one is on you and yours" I winked sarcastically, my spies really had come in handy before I came to town.

"Now for your group's latest indiscretion, killing my dear Kol all in the hope that Elena will be human once again, I mean god forbids she stay a vampire like most of the people around here. Did everyone stop and morn when you became a vampire Caroline? Didn't think so" I sneered, while she squirmed in pain.

"I should have made sure Elena stayed dead that was my mistake. Face it Caroline everything bad that's happened in you're lives comes back to one person not Klaus but Elena" I informed her, and then I pulled my hand from her chest and wiped my hand on her top. She fell to the ground but before she could get away I pulled her up by the hair and threw her into Nik's arms.

"Why don't you show the youngsters, what happens when someone disrespects you love" I said to Nik.

"With pleasure" he smirked. His eyes turned gold and his fangs appeared then he bit her. Caroline dropped to the ground and Nik looked at Tyler with blood dripping down his mouth.

"Now that was definitely worth the calories" he spoke.

***

While Tyler begged Niklaus to save Caroline's life I decided to put my plans of revenge into action, I was sitting on the sofa texting the one person I knew would love nothing more than to destroy Elena's life. My plan was brilliant if I did say so myself, I heard the door close and Nik approaching.

"What are you doing?" Nik questioned.

"Avenging Kol" I stated simply.

"Not much you can't do to the Gilberts if were stuck here" he pointed out.

"Although I would love nothing more than to get my hands dirty with my own revenge, I'm afraid outside help will have to do" I smirked, reading my latest text.

"Are you going to share your plans?"

"That would spoil the surprise love" I laughed.

"I'm sorry" he whispered.

"You've said that already" I huffed not wanting to fight with him, with what happened to Kol I had forgotten I was angry with him.

"Although I am sorry for daggering you I was talking about Kol. I should have been there I should have protected him" he said he voice breaking. I looked up at him and saw the tears in his eyes. I then realized with my breakdown over Kol's death Niklaus hadn't had time to let out his emotions he had cried a little but he had stayed strong for me.

"It wasn't your fault they planned this" I spoke softly. I stood up and walked towards him taking his face in my hands

"Kol wont die in vain trust me" I breathed. A silent tear fell down his cheek; I leaned forward and kissed it away.

"Its okay Nik, its okay" I whispered. Suddenly he pulled me to him and buried his face in to the crook of my neck and cried for his little brother.

***

I looked down at the sleeping face of my husband as I ran my fingers through his curls. I knew in the back of my mind that I was still angry with him but right now he needed me and I needed him, I would be angry at him later.