Chapter 37: Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Okay. Does she have any enemies?"

"She plays football," Emmet says with a snort. "She's made quite a few."

"Any particular ones though? Someone that goes out of their way to harass her or has a particular special hatred?" He asks, trying again.

"Not from the teams. I mean, not many people wanted to see her playing, but nobody wanted her gone that bad. We act tough on the field, but we all get along outside of the game," I answer.

"Anybody at school then? Somebody she doesn't get along with?"

"What about those one girls?" Archer asks me. I give him a weird look and he shrugs. "I do listen."

"Its true, Brittany, Lindsay and their friends don't like her, but they wouldn't do this. They wouldn't even consider taking time out of their days to think about her," I answer.

"Can you guys think of anybody else?" He asks stressfully.

"Ashton," Emmet says suddenly.

"What?"

"Your dad," he tells me.

"His dad?" Harry asks confused.

"My biological one," I supply. "Oh my god, you may be right Emmet."

"What does he have anything to do with it?" Harry asks.

"My bio dad is a drunk. He likes to bother my family and I. Sometimes he physically harms us. He came around a couple of days ago making some threats," I explain.

"What kind of threats?" He questions.

"Telling me I'd regret everything and this isn't the last I'll see of him."

"This could be a possible lead. Cecelia is very close to you, yes?" He asks and I nod. He turns to his desk. "His name?"

"Steven Andrews."

"I'll send an APB out on him. If he's here, my officers will find him." he promises.

"What can we do?" Archer asks.

"Not much," he tells us honestly. "It's all just a waiting game. Just don't go trying to do the cops' job. I know you want to find her, but leave the police work to us."

I see Emmet getting angry and I put my hand on his shoulder. I'm angry too, but there's nothing we can do about it. "Thank you. Call us if you find anything."

"I will," he says.

I shake his hand and exit his office. Emmet goes to say something immediately, but I nudge him. This happens all the way through the station and it earns us more than enough looks. He finally shoves me away from him when we get outside.

"What was that for?" He asks angrily.

"I couldn't let you have an outburst in the middle of the police station. Which is exactly what you wanted to do. Don't even deny it," I warn him.

"So, what? They want us to sit here and do nothing? Like hell," he snaps.

"Do you really fucking think I'm going to do nothing?" I ask as I get in the truck. I wait until they get in before continuing. "I thought you knew me better than that."